Ron Paul Praises Anti-Semitic Magazine

Please feel free to discuss Dan's shows.

Moderators: Loki, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, robroydude, Spinny Spamkiller

Ron Paul Praises Anti-Semitic Magazine

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:37 pm

Apparently, Ron Paul enjoyed a good antisemitic magazine in the 1970s called The American Mercury. He enjoyed one particular issue so much, he felt compelled to write a thank you note on his Congressional stationary. That issue gracing the Ron Paul throne room circa 1979 contained articles such as: "You Can’t Escape the Kosher Food Tax", "Are You Ready for the White Man’s Doomsday", and "Racism—Black African Style". This magazine was published by the Holocaust denier Willis Carto. Those of you who pay attention might remember that this is the same Willis Carto about whose "literature" Ron Paul once bragged he received most of his financial and popular support.

Of course, it could be that Illumanati time travelers once again traveled back in time to make it appear like Ron Paul has a past indicative of a huge racist. So we might never know. I mean.. who are you going to believe -- Ron Paul, or your lying eyes?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... tters.html

I realize it's difficult for certain volk to actually read sources. So, here you go!

Ron Paul - Carto relationship:

Mr. Paul is not unaware of that strain among his supporters. Mr. Crane of the Cato Institute recalled comparing notes with Mr. Paul in the early 1980s about direct mail solicitations for money. When Mr. Crane said that mailing lists of people with the most extreme views seemed to draw the best response, Mr. Paul responded that he found the same thing with a list of subscribers to the Spotlight, a now-defunct publication founded by the holocaust denier Willis A. Carto.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/26/us/po ... wanted=all

Willis Carto is a holocaust denier, Hitler admirer and a white supremacist. A former campaigner for segregationist candidate George Wallace, Carto founded the National Alliance with William Pierce, the author of the “Turner Diaries,” which is credited for inspiring Timothy McVeigh. Carto founded the Populist Party in 1984 and ran David Duke as a presidential candidate. Carto also founded the American Free Press, which is labeled as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), where Paul’s column runs. Paul has not sued Carto for running his column or explained how it wound up in a white supremacist publication. The New York Times writes that Paul used the subscription list to a white supremacist publication of Carto’s to solicit donations.

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mc ... upporters/
“If the human race is to survive, then for all but a very brief period of its history, the word ship will mean space ship.” –Arthur C. Clarke
Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Re: Ron Paul Praises Anti-Semitic Magazine

Postby waaaghboss » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:17 pm

While apparently damning, it has to be said that the die-hard Ron Paul supporters will dismiss this without a second thought. They are a very self-deluding bunch.
waaaghboss
Contributing Member

Postby DBTrek » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:22 pm

C'mon brah, you know he didn't write that letter. Duuuuuude, just because it's on his congressional stationary doesn't mean anything. Probably some random anti-semite wanted to write that letter and Ron Paul's stationary was the nearest piece of paper he could find. Or maybe even Lew Rockwell wrote it.

But Ron Paul? Pssssh. Puh-leeez . . . when has he ever voted to gas a Jew?
Your whole premise is ridiculous. Find me one vote he ever cast to gas a jew or confess that you're just hating on Paul because he loves freedom and liberty.
:twisted:
Excuses sound best to the person that's making them up. -Tyrese Gibson
DBTrek
Archon

Postby e_room_matt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:01 pm

waaaghboss wrote:While apparently damning, it has to be said that the die-hard Ron Paul supporters will dismiss this without a second thought. They are a very self-deluding bunch.

Dismiss what? A generic response about unconstitutionalism to someone who mailed him an article?

You guys were better served with his own stuff. You guys look like psycho ex-girlfriends digging up stuff like this.
e_room_matt
Satrap

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:03 pm

“If the human race is to survive, then for all but a very brief period of its history, the word ship will mean space ship.” –Arthur C. Clarke
Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Postby StCapps » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:04 pm

e_room_matt wrote:You guys look like psycho ex-girlfriends digging up stuff like this.
So true. :snicker:
*yip*
StCapps
Hetairoi

Postby e_room_matt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:04 pm

Am I the only one here who's ever written a congressman? You get a letter back thanking you for your concerns, explaining how the congressmen pretty much believes the same thing, and you are on the same team going forward.
e_room_matt
Satrap

Postby e_room_matt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:30 pm

The crazy cat lady from the simpsons could write Obama and she'd get a thank you back explaining how the president has been a lifelong pet owner, lover of animals, and is a strong believer in animal rights.

That doesn't turn her into a spokesman for the adminstration.
e_room_matt
Satrap

Postby drtrech » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:25 am

Ron Paul is scary.

eeek
drtrech
Archon

Postby ryanm » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:57 pm

I hate to say it, but it does look like a standard thank-you letter you get for writing to any congressman. Evidence of using hate group mailing lists to raise donations is more interesting than a glorified form letter.

ryanm
"Americans debate, the way Canadians play Hockey. Americans play Hockey, the way Canadians debate." ~Smitty-48

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." ~Albert Einstein
ryanm

Postby Rahsaan022 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Does anyone who absolves Paul of all guilt or resposiblity for the letters, the articles, the word-written-in-his-name-but-he-was-ignorant-of stand to lose anything if Paul were in fact guilty of any of these things and was later elected?

This is why I post here, b/c I want to avoid the following conclusion: Everybody wants the guy who fights for equal liberties, as long as mine are more equal than yours. The specific candidate and specific unimportant minority are interchangeable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c1-22w2G7M
"The Republican primaries, where we don't give a fff about that black shhh."

- R022
Rahsaan022

Postby e_room_matt » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Rahsaan022 wrote:Does anyone who absolves Paul of all guilt or resposiblity for the letters, the articles, the word-written-in-his-name-but-he-was-ignorant-of stand to lose anything if Paul were in fact guilty of any of these things and was later elected?

I've never absolved him. I just don't subscribe to DSL's "dark lord of the sith" paranoia crap theories. RP is a 70+ year old white man from Texas. I've assumed from the beginning he shares the same ignorances, preconceptions, and political incorrectness shared by 99% of the other 70+ year old white men from Texas. Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, and LBJ were no different. It wasn't the end of the world. Prejudice didn't drive their politics.

The two issues at the core of the entire RP candacy/movement/cult, whatever you want to label it, are the fed and war. If you don't realize that you are ignorant and misleading yourself.

There is a small but growing segment of the population (predominantly younger people) who tired of the president having god-like war powers and the fed having god-like economic powers. They've seen them get used irresponsibly, corruptively, and destructively. They want it fixed.

These voters have only one candidate (and no political party) to support.
e_room_matt
Satrap

Postby Rahsaan022 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:12 pm

Another clip demonstrates why people who experience racism (or any -ism) see boogeymen whenever any "alleged" racist moves for power over large groups of Americans. It shows a woman calling in after the SC debate and thanking Gingrich for

"putting Mr. Juan Williams in his place."

Now, I grant that for every one who supports his words, ten do not. The problem for me, though, is the misconception (and who told anyone this?) that "not-support" equals "speaks out against."

Anyone who's lives w/ any x-ism is unimpressed w/ the statement "not-support," b/c 10 non-supporters are invariably present when 1 racist throws his rocks. And that's fine on an individual day-to-day level, b/c I get it, you have your own problems.

But then accept that when you look for a position of power, representation, or leadership, you are held to a different standard. And in this context we *reject* you non-supporters, you abandoners, you who do nothing while rocks are being thrown so long as they are not thrown at you. For us, an integral part (part!) of the price of admission is "anti-rock-throwing activist."

So I hope this loosely illustrates why Paul (or any candidate) is going to have to do better than just being a "non-racist," though proving even that definitively has turned out to be difficult.

- R022
Rahsaan022

Postby Rahsaan022 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:49 pm

"The two issues at the core of the entire RP candacy/movement/cult, whatever you want to label it, are the fed and war. If you don't realize that you are ignorant and misleading yourself."

The problem is that you'd suggest I'm ignorant for proposing that you consider that people vote on issues that directly affect them. What I was getting at is who cares that *you* realize he's a 70+ year old from Texas.

*How would you feel about those things if you were a 70+ year old black from SC? Or a reasonable minority in NYC? Or a middle aged x person, in who knows where?*

This is the problem w/ every party, especially if they are *correct* about something. B/c they think being correct actually absolves them from the responsibility of convincing people. "You should just get it." Yeah no shit, that's why we all exercise so much and have BMI's less than 25. Should. Is. Stupid. And. Is. Not. Real.

Perhaps Paul wouldn't be so bad off if he hadn't polluted his prime message w/ all his rantings about secondary issues, like blacks and gays and civil rights. That's past, but not unchangeable. Tomorrow, he could instead pollute those secondary issues of CRA, gays, etc, and say "Hey, I was wrong, I promise to uphold yaddah, yaddah, yaddah" and in doing so preserve and better advance his primary issues. But it is telling that he does not see that. And I question whether his supporters can it as well.

This is the problem with every party nowadays, especially the right. Everyone knows something important and correct that nobody else does, but not so important that they have to sell it in a way the public will swallow it.

- R022
Rahsaan022

Postby Inquizitr » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:27 pm

Very few people even understand how the Federal Reserve Bank, in collusion with the US government, is screwing the middle class and enriching the already very rich. Of those that do understand, a majority do not want to change the system for fear tinkering may lead to total collapse.
A majority of people are very afraid of pulling back from the world scene militarily. What if Israel is attacked? What if China annexes Taiwan, or North Korea attacks Japan and South Korea. Or Iran gets a NUKE! No, can't reduce our military.
A super-majority of people do not want entitlements reduced. In fact, a clear majority want even more entitlements and social programs. They do not consider the fact we are borrowing ourselves into an unredeemable position. They care about survival, and see no other way. This attitude also extend to government workers who fear a Paul presidency would mean a severe reduction in spending on programs on which their jobs depend.
These are the true reasons that Paul, or anyone with his philosophy, will never be president. These are the reasons we on the road to central dictatorship. A crisis, more than likely a severe financial crisis, a crash of the dollar, or a extreme rise in the price of gas, or maybe a rash of terror attacks, will lead to martial law and a suspension of Constitutional rights followed by a dissolution of Congress and the Supreme Court with emergency powers given to the "president". The last vestiges of self-determination will be wiped out, never to return.
And all because Ron Paul, the only person with the guts to point out these ruinous policies as such, was a racist. Bravo America. Way to take the long view.
To be governed is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. ~ Pierre-Joseph Proudhon
Inquizitr

Next

Return to Discuss the Common Sense Show