* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:14 pm

View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: why is ron paul so amazing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:26 am 
Contributing Member

i wish i knew why he so amazing.Because he is everything i want in a president :) V for Vendetta type of president

Post subject: Re: why is ron paul so amazing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:01 am 
Nomarch

He is so amazing because he shits rainbows.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:34 am 
Contributing Member

The most amazing thing about Ron Paul is the rarity of his character. Politics is such a "game" of personal power through state sponsored dictates that the original reasons for tolerating government are lost.

What makes Paul amazing- and so intolerable as to be blacked out by co-opted media- is that power is not what drives him. Here's a man unwilling to cede the Grand Experiment as the primary goal in spite of its ragged and dispoiled condition.

Compare to the whores currently personified by Obama, Gingrich, Reid, Romney, Pelosi and Santorum. Who among them compares to Ron Paul when it comes to concern- and respect- for you and future generation?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:56 am 
Contributing Member

Basically he has no real chance of winning so he can say things that people who might be able to exercise power won't.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:35 am 
Nomarch

I agree with Sventoby

Good on single issues - not good on comprehensive solutions. A well know luxury form marginal politicians. He will never have to live with the consequenses of his positions it will remain a philosophical hypothesis.
Many of his positions can simply not be realised regardless of how big a margin he wins the general with or how many likeminded he has in congress.
A good man to have at the table but not realistic enough to be sitting at the head of it.

fx. gold standard, yes...in theory. But can it actually be done IRL and what would the consequences be?
No presciptions - yikes :althurl:

You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:13 pm 
Contributing Member

There really is no point on continuing with the charade if one man can't possibly make a difference and it is unthinkable to buck the status quo. I guess those few brave souls of 1776 were a once in a species occurance.

Bomb the world. Enslave the grandkids. Confiscate your property. Think what you're told. Are we to shoot ourselves in the head or burn the infestation to the ground?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:40 pm 
Satrap

chris_s918 wrote:
i wish i knew why he so amazing.

Because he is old........

Its probably to do with his polices which aren't anything special, actually i never have understood why Ron Paul is held in such regard, he has a misty/shady past and his polices are about average

http://www.youtube.com/user/Runicmadhamster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:49 pm 
Hetairoi

Kolokol888 wrote:
I agree with Sventoby

I agree with evil muppet.

"True heroism is you, alone, in a designated workspace. True heroism is minutes, hours, days, year upon year of the quiet, precise, judicious exercise of probity and care, with no one there to see or cheer." The Pale King, by D. F. Wallace.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:39 pm 
Contributing Member

I for one am still on the fence about the guy.... Paul seems to have the ability to say well if we just did a and b then c would happen. Often I hear what he has say and think yeah that sounds decent but the honest truth is I usually don't have enough education on the situation to make a valid educated opinion and so really don't know that I can trust my initial warm fuzzy I get on occasion from his speeches. In his defense however he does appear to have a voting record that coincides with the stuff he says he wants to do as president but I am curious why I should just drink the kool aid and go wave a, "Paul 2012" sign. He could promise the stars and then just throw the moon in our faces like everyone else and I have no reason to expect otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:01 pm 
Hetairoi

Disbanded wrote:
He could promise the stars and then just throw the moon in our faces like everyone else and I have no reason to expect otherwise.
How about that 3 decade long voting record? Doesn't that give you a reason to expect otherwise? The other presidents you've elected lately didn't have anywhere near that track record before you elected them and they proceeded to dupe you. So perhaps Ron Paul will be different in the highly unlikely event he ever becomes POTUS. If you can't trust a track record that consistent and long then you can't trust any politicians voting record to determine how they will act as president.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:23 pm 
Satrap

Waleis wrote:
Kolokol888 wrote:
I agree with Sventoby

I agree with Ron.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:27 pm 
Satrap

doc_loliday wrote:
Waleis wrote:
Kolokol888 wrote:
I agree with Sventoby

I agree with Ron.

I agree with Runicmadhamster

http://www.youtube.com/user/Runicmadhamster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:07 am 
Contributing Member

Runicmadhamster wrote:
chris_s918 wrote:
i wish i knew why he so amazing.

Because he is old........

Its probably to do with his polices which aren't anything special, actually i never have understood why Ron Paul is held in such regard, he has a misty/shady past and his polices are about average

Well, I dislike Paul more than most, and I believe his view of government hinges on false premises and naivetee, but he is consistent and completely correct on a few issues.

This clip, for example, shows him at his best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOPCYVK76-k

*edit* if you're able to make it through that entire show and not want to strangle someone, you are a better man than I.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:25 am 
Nomarch

doc_loliday wrote:
Waleis wrote:
Kolokol888 wrote:
I agree with Sventoby

I agree with Ron.

I agree with evil muppet too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:44 am 
Contributing Member

StCapps wrote:
How about that 3 decade long voting record? Doesn't that give you a reason to expect otherwise? The other presidents you've elected lately didn't have anywhere near that track record before you elected them and they proceeded to dupe you. So perhaps Ron Paul will be different in the highly unlikely event he ever becomes POTUS. If you can't trust a track record that consistent and long then you can't trust any politicians voting record to determine how they will act as president.

I did say that in his defense he has a consistent voting record but also as a representative he has an obligation to the people he was elected to represent to vote in there best interests. Shoud he become president and suddenly have to represent the entirety of the American population could he continue to make those same decisions he's made so far? I would say yes he could make those decisions but would he follow through with them?

I don't know the voting record of the preceding presidents but I imagine that it's quite possible they to had consistent voting records. It's not entirely irrational to think he is campaigning in good faith to make the changes he has talked about and at the very least he could get the ball rolling on talking about the issues he brings up. I don't however feel that if he were to become president we would see the changes he has talked about only because he now has to represent the entirety of America as opposed to the smaller demographic of people he currently represents.