* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:23 pm

View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Not as 'Anonymous' as they thought - LOL
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:06 pm 

Ok, I guess some grave digging is warranted, so I'll throw my two cents into the ring:

Although, of course, Anonymous and the likes are not terrorism, there is one similiarity: It's an idea, not a country or a certain group of people. The only way to stop this "hacking for the lulz" is basically by choking any freedom and sense of proportion out of the people, not by busting one hacker group or the other.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:51 pm 
Satrap

DBTrek wrote:
Raise your hand if your shocked by the utter cowardice displayed by self styled 'hackers' as soon as they no longer have a screen to cower behind. Sabu is selling punks down the river like it's 1804 and the plantations are in full bloom.

Of course they would, they aren't heroes, or people of action, they are hackers, their strength is hacking on the Internet, they were mad to think that taking on soooo many big governments wouldn't end this way. They thought themselves untouchable, drunk with power and success as they were. Now they find that reality is tough and mean, and that you cant power it off when it gets hard.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:09 pm 
Satrap

Runicmadhamster wrote:
Now they find that reality is tough and mean, and that you cant power it off when it gets hard.

In Sabu's case it could get 124 years and 6 months mean when he is convicted.

:lol:

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do to their fellows, because it always coincides with their own desires. -Susan B. Anthony

"I'm too old to be governed by the fear of dumb people" -Charlie Skinner

My Political Compass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:17 pm 
Satrap

Oh man, this keeps getting better.....

Quote:
FBI names, arrests Anon who infiltrated its secret conference call

The hacker monitored the Gmail account for weeks. During the month of January alone, Google's records show that he accessed the compromised accounts 146 times through a VPN called Perfect Privacy. At some point, he saw an e-mailed invitation for a conference call related to Anonymous, and he pounced.

Using the name "anonsacco," the hacker then entered a private Anonymous IRC chatroom called "#sunnydays" and spoke to the government source tagged only as "CW" in the FBI affidavit today. (CW appears to have been "Sabu," a notorious Anonymous/LulzSec hacker who had in fact been arrested in June 2011 and then turned into an FBI informant. Sabu had an FBI agent watching him 24 hours a day, monitoring and even directing all of his online interactions.)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do to their fellows, because it always coincides with their own desires. -Susan B. Anthony

"I'm too old to be governed by the fear of dumb people" -Charlie Skinner

My Political Compass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:22 pm 
Hetairoi

Jesus the FBI and government are so damn stupid.

You don't arrest and prosecute these guys, you fucking hire them.
:facepalm:

The government did not need Anonymous to push for draconian measures on the net,

It is coming anyway

SOPA
PIPA
(they were shelved, not canceled)
ACTA
and more on the way

Oh Wait, You're Serious? Let Me Laugh Even Harder!

-"No matter how bad things seem--- "
"They could be worse."
"Nope. No matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things fucking are, and you better get used to it, Nancy. Quit yer bitching."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:45 pm 
Archon

Hire the hackers that are easy to catch?
Why?

The hackers they want are the ones they don't have in custody.
Obviously the ones in custody aren't any damn good at what they do.
:altwink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:23 pm 
Contributing Member

Aren't these the people who hacked Westboro Baptist Church website? What a horrible crime. Too bad the FBI doesn't have the funds to investigate the people who bankrupted the country.

Y'all cry about the government taking our rights but turn in to a law and order freak the second anyone does anything about it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:29 pm 
Archon

Yeah, hacking League of Legends and Bethesda Softworks certainly put the screws to those thieving bastards in government!

Please help yourself to another serving of clown-sauce.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:27 pm 
Satrap

Glad to see the FBI is focusing on the real problems facing America.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:46 pm 
Satrap

Howdy Occam. Long time no see. :wave:

Where ya been hiding lately?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:23 am 
Satrap

cblack.tx wrote:
Howdy Occam. Long time no see. :wave:

Where ya been hiding lately?

At work. New job's keepin me terribly busy. But hey, somebody's gotta keep this economy moving. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:57 am 
Archon

raistian77 wrote:
Jesus the FBI and government are so damn stupid.

You don't arrest and prosecute these guys, you fucking hire them.
:facepalm:

The government did not need Anonymous to push for draconian measures on the net,

It is coming anyway

SOPA
PIPA
(they were shelved, not canceled)
ACTA
and more on the way

Intelligence and defense organizations have better in their ranks than Anonymous hackers. That is, after all, why Anonymous gets caught.

I think some people incorrectly equate media profile with effectiveness. Chances are, if you see a media story like these, this is not somebody the government would care to recruit. One of the reasons they can get media appeal is that the government does not care enough to go after them. Sure, you might get law enforcement agencies spinning their wheels. But you definitely do not want an intelligence agency gunning for you. They probably will find you no matter who you are. Computers and networks are your biggest liabilities too. If you want to avoid those agencies, you need the opposite. You need to be offline. Use dead drops and maintain the footprint of an average (computer illiterate) person. You don't do that by using IRC spending inordinate hours on the internet.

This type of person can still cause problems for governments, but there are different parts of governments, and they don't typically piss off the people who would crush them. It would be awesome if somebody did pick such a fight who could possibly win it. But Anon might be better suited to corporate corruption and the civilian side of governments.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:32 am 
Nomarch

You guys made my morning. I knew there would be a bunch of know nothing, ego stroking threads here about this.

If the FBI is so good, why were they only able to bring down 5 people?

Sabu was called out about being an FBI informant earlier and there was a post on redigit 8 months ago.

fyi, how he actually got caught was logging into an IRC room while not using a proxy. One time. That is all it took.

The FBI couldn't crack any of Anon before that. They've been around since 2004, how many have been caught? :lol:

Continue talking about shit you don't know. :wave:

Oh, this isn't a return, I wanted to find this thread to get a lulz from your know-it-all peeps.

It's too bad the trolls have pushed out the actual intelligent people who had real debates.

:wave:

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world. ~Fight Club

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:12 am 
Archon

Galen120 wrote:
You guys made my morning. I knew there would be a bunch of know nothing, ego stroking threads here about this.

You obviously don't know what I do for a living. But thanks for sharing your productive insight, Gay-len.

Script kiddies who run DDOS attacks aren't hackers, hate to break it to you. You idolize a bunch of dummies who can't even code their own tools. Bravo on their 'awesome' job pulling down the Vatican website yesterday. Holy shit, Catholic Church is done for! How will they survive without their web page for a few hours?

Clown.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:15 am 
Nomarch

DBTrek wrote:
Galen120 wrote:

You obviously don't know what I do for a living. But thanks for sharing your productive insight, Gay-len.

Script kiddies who run DDOS attacks aren't hackers, hate to break it to you. You idolize a bunch of dummies who can't even code their own tools. Bravo on their 'awesome' job pulling down the Vatican website yesterday. Holy shit, Catholic Church is done for! How will they survive without their web page for a few hours?

Clown.

Don't care and script kiddies aren't the only ones.

I am sure your an expert because your some chip eating IT guy somewhere.

Do you have a cool ponytail too?

such a wannabe

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world. ~Fight Club