TSA Finds Weed, Leaves Note . . . and Weed. Derp.

Discuss news commentaries here.

Moderators: Loki, robroydude, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, Spinny Spamkiller

TSA Finds Weed, Leaves Note . . . and Weed. Derp.

Postby DBTrek » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:39 pm

We don't need widespread surveillance when people are happy to advertise their own crimes on the internet.
Another TSA Officer Leaves Personalized Note In Passenger's Bag (After Finding Marijuana)

Apparently, a TSA officer getting fired for leaving a personalized note in a passenger’s bag has not deterred other employees at the Transportation Security Administration from editorializing on the contents of the bags they screen. This time, though, the TSA officer did the passenger a favor, by not turning him in for traveling with illegal substances. Indiana rapper Freddie Gibbs had packed marijuana in his checked luggage; when his bag was screened, the TSA officer must have noted Gibbs’ unique interpretation of the “mile high club.” On the official note informing Gibbs that his bag had been inspected, the officer allegedly wrote, “C’mon son.”

Gibbs did not take the avuncular advice very seriously, instead providing photographic evidence of his possession and transportation of illegal substances over state lines via Twitter:

Gibbs tweeted about the note on Wednesday, likely after flying to Denver to perform that night. While certainly a less intrusive note than “Get Your Freak On, Girl” (the one left by a TSA officer who discovered a vibrator), I imagine this TSA officer is going to get into double trouble for both leaving the note, and failing to act after finding something illegal in someone’s bag.

“ TSA takes all allegations of inappropriate conduct seriously and is investigating this claim,” says a spokesperson for the TSA. ” Should the claims be substantiated, TSA will take appropriate disciplinary steps and refer the alleged possession of an illegal substance to law enforcement.”

Friends, this is why we don’t tweet evidence that can be used against us (and those who did us a favor) in a court of law. . .

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2011/12/16/another-tsa-officer-leaves-personalized-note-in-passengers-bag-after-finding-marijuana/

People wonder how stoners earn such a rep for being dumb as shit.
:shakinghead:
Excuses sound best to the person that's making them up. -Tyrese Gibson
DBTrek
Archon

Re: TSA Finds Weed, Leaves Note . . . and Weed. Derp.

Postby doc_loliday » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:08 pm

Seriously this guy is an asshole. Basically ratted out the guy that saved his stash. What a dick.
What is wrong with you people? - Dr. Youth
doc_loliday
Hetairoi

Postby Harry K » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Wonder what officer lawful thinks of this?

:wave:
Some advice though, Henry (Harry) K is a sophisticated troll.

aaronparr
Harry K
Archon

Postby DBTrek » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:12 pm

Harry K wrote:Wonder what officer lawful thinks of this?

:wave:

Do tell.

You're the resident Lawful/Lawful spokesman.
What's the word?
Excuses sound best to the person that's making them up. -Tyrese Gibson
DBTrek
Archon

Postby raistian77 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:35 pm

doc_loliday wrote:Seriously this guy is an asshole. Basically ratted out the guy that saved his stash. What a dick.

no kidding, WTF? The govt lets him keep his illegal weed and the dumbass thinks its a good idea to advertise to the world he posses illegal contraband.
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Oh Wait, You're Serious? Let Me Laugh Even Harder!

-"No matter how bad things seem--- "
"They could be worse."
"Nope. No matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things fucking are, and you better get used to it, Nancy. Quit yer bitching."
raistian77
Hetairoi

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:37 pm

doc_loliday wrote:Seriously this guy is an asshole. Basically ratted out the guy that saved his stash. What a dick.

Indeed. One wonders how he expects to purchase more bags from his dealer after that.
“If the human race is to survive, then for all but a very brief period of its history, the word ship will mean space ship.” –Arthur C. Clarke
Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Postby TheAmericanNomad » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:21 am

Wait. . .

There are rappers from Indiana?
Bitcoin Giveaway Contest: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42196 <--- Free Bitcoins for the first three users with 300+ posts to ask for them.

Heroes get remembered but legends never die.
TheAmericanNomad
Archon

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:49 am

Indiana produced some awesome bank robbers too.
“If the human race is to survive, then for all but a very brief period of its history, the word ship will mean space ship.” –Arthur C. Clarke
Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Postby datchiso » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:50 pm

That was exactly my reaction.

I mean if you're stupid enough to put a banned substance in a bag you KNOW is going to be searched, and get off with a note count your blessings and shut the hell up!

Looking a gift horse in the mouth....
datchiso

Postby navy62802 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Meanwhile, senior citizens are strip-searched. Makes perfect sense.

The TSA is an exercise in psychology. It was devised to make people feel safer. Even in its hay-day, the TSA couldn't have stopped a determined hijacker or terrorist. But now, it's simply a joke. I don't think many people consider the TSA much of a safeguard. After all, it has been passengers, not the TSA, who have stopped all terrorist incidents since 9/11. The TSA regularly allows weapons through checkpoints (by the government's own account). And apparently, they allow illegal drugs through checkpoints in real-life situations. They also sexually harass and assault passengers at will. The TSA, while pleasing to the bureaucracy and a few fascists out there, is nothing more than an affront to American values. It is a menace to society, nothing more.
navy62802
Hetairoi

Postby kabuki » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Is the TSA tasked with law enforcement? They aren't technically police are they? TSA rules about bottles of containers of liquid being smaller than 3 ounces isn't a law, it just a rule.

I still think "Midnight Express" should be mandatory viewing in HS.
kabuki
Contributing Member

Postby navy62802 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:38 pm

kabuki wrote:Is the TSA tasked with law enforcement? They aren't technically police are they? TSA rules about bottles of containers of liquid being smaller than 3 ounces isn't a law, it just a rule.

I still think "Midnight Express" should be mandatory viewing in HS.

Not sure about TSA vs. cops. But I do know that if you feel you have been sexually assaulted during the course of a TSA search, you are instructed to contact the police immediately. They will deal with the situation. That tells me the TSA is inferior to local police. But I don't know the intricacies of the law regarding this subject.
navy62802
Hetairoi

Return to News Commentaries