It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:14 pm

View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Doctors to vaccine refusers: Go somewhere else
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:50 pm 
Hetairoi

BjornP wrote:
Atanamis wrote:
But that is still just a doctor not wanting to have to watch the kid die. Refusing to be the kids doctor doesn't make the kid any less likely to die from their parent's poor choices.

True. But doctors are still only human, after all. It could be a way of absolving oneself of future guilt. Not that I'd imagine they'd feel any less guilty if they learned the child did die after they banned them as patients. .

That's what I figure. The doctors are afraid of the future liability of keeping them as patients after failing to vaccinate the kids.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:53 pm 
Satrap

Education won't do jack shit. When folks believe the blogs over the medical community, it's done. I've known a few women who wouldn't vaccinate their children, but came around because their school required it, albeit grudgingly. I guess the autism risk isn't worth home school.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:08 pm 
Nomarch

Like I've said, as soon as they get a taste of what polio, meningitis, and diptheria can do all the soccer moms will be racing to get little Jayiden and Isabylla as many vaccines as possible. :snicker:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:18 pm 
Satrap

boethius wrote:
The Mad Zeppelineer wrote:
Fucking awesome. They should call social services and tell them about the neglect also.

Too far.

You think breaking up families and putting kids in foster care is the appropriate response because someone misguidedly listened to too much Jenny McCarthy and Oprah New-Ageism on this one issue (but are probably reasonable parents otherwise)? They aren't trying to hurt their kids; they think they are protecting them. Even if these parents are wrong on this issue, they are likely over protective on other issues and their kids, overall, far safer with their parents than in the foster system.

They are not just endangering their own children, they are potentially killing other people's children. A Jahovahs witness who denies their child blood transfusions should have their kid taken to safety. A parent that deliberately prevents their kid from getting protection from some of the worst diseases in the world should at the very least get a warning.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:21 pm 
Hetairoi

doc_loliday wrote:
Education won't do jack shit. When folks believe the blogs over the medical community, it's done. I've known a few women who wouldn't vaccinate their children, but came around because their school required it, albeit grudgingly. I guess the autism risk isn't worth home school.

It'll take a few kids getting these deadly diseases for parents to understand the value of vaccinations. That having been said, as long as 99% of the US population is vaccinated against a particular disease, the un-vaccinated ones should be relatively safe from things like polio.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:35 pm 
Hetairoi

:splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody:

Ahhhhh, stupid soccer moms listening to that idiot" Jenny" McCarthy

Autism is not caused by vaccines, it is a proven fact.

Jim should have smothered that idoit while she was sleeping.

:splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody: :splody:

:rant over

Oh Wait, You're Serious? Let Me Laugh Even Harder!

-"No matter how bad things seem--- "
"They could be worse."
"Nope. No matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things fucking are, and you better get used to it, Nancy. Quit yer bitching."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:41 pm 
Hetairoi

raistian77 wrote:

I'm not sure if murder is a solution to that problem. Additionally, we don't know the true cause of the rise in autism (could be the vaccinations for all we know ... or our methods of evaluating autism). Unfortunately, many people have connected the statistical rise in rates of autism to vaccinations. I don't know enough, scientifically, to make an informed judgment. However, I do think it's foolish not to vaccinate children against known diseases.

On a different note, my personal opinion is that psychologists' methods of evaluating autism have changed. I think that the people who are being evaluated as "autistic" today are merely our geniuses, people who are relatively introverted yet have tremendous mental capacity. We could be killing off the next generation's Einstein for all we know. Treating such genius as an illness and dulling the edge of nature's sword with our "modern" drugs. Personally, I think it's a travesty and a crime against humanity.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:10 pm 
Hetairoi

navy62802 wrote:
raistian77 wrote:

I'm not sure if murder is a solution to that problem. Additionally, we don't know the true cause of the rise in autism (could be the vaccinations for all we know ... or our methods of evaluating autism). Unfortunately, many people have connected the statistical rise in rates of autism to vaccinations. I don't know enough, scientifically, to make an informed judgment. However, I do think it's foolish not to vaccinate children against known diseases.

On a different note, my personal opinion is that psychologists' methods of evaluating autism have changed. I think that the people who are being evaluated as "autistic" today are merely our geniuses, people who are relatively introverted yet have tremendous mental capacity. We could be killing off the next generation's Einstein for all we know. Treating such genius as an illness and dulling the edge of nature's sword with our "modern" drugs. Personally, I think it's a travesty and a crime against humanity.

Autism is a genetic neuro disorder, it usually is detected about the same age as vaccines are administered leasing to an improper correlation.

The rise in Autism is actually due to the recent addition of it as a DSM entry. We no longer consider an autistic person just retarded or slow or stupid. The rise in Aspergers (also a recent entry) is due to self-diagnosis (it is a fad right now in teenagers)

My sources are tons and tons and tons of research as my son is Autistic.

BTW: you are correct, in that murder is not the answer. Due to personal reasons I highly detest that woman

that is why I marked rant over at the end

"They could be worse."
"Nope. No matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things fucking are, and you better get used to it, Nancy. Quit yer bitching."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:32 pm 
Hetairoi

raistian77 wrote:
Autism is a genetic neuro disorder, it usually is detected about the same age as vaccines are administered leasing to an improper correlation.

The rise in Autism is actually due to the recent addition of it as a DSM entry. We no longer consider an autistic person just retarded or slow or stupid. The rise in Aspergers (also a recent entry) is due to self-diagnosis (it is a fad right now in teenagers)

My sources are tons and tons and tons of research as my son is Autistic.

BTW: you are correct, in that murder is not the answer. Due to personal reasons I highly detest that woman

that is why I marked rant over at the end

As I've already stated, I firmly believe the increased rates of Autism to be related to the method of diagnosis and the classification of patients. I think that this area of psychology is extremely under-researched. Under our current classification, Einstein, himself, would have been classified as Autistic. And I think this says alot about the diagnosis and the hubris of modern medicine. I fear that doctors are diagnosing children as autistic when it is precisely these kids who may one day become our most intelligent and ground-breaking scientists. I don't know what the cause of autism may be. But I think that in the larger context, doctors need to re-evaluate the criteria they are using to diagnose the condition. I think their misdiagnosis is leading to both misconceptions about the disease and to mistreatment.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:44 pm 
Nomarch

Does anyone know who started this ridiculous rumour?

I don't know the science behind the any of this but seriously why would you question the doctor? It is their job to know more than us!

You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:48 pm 
Satrap

Kolokol888 wrote:

A British huckster and fraud named Andrew Wakefield. http://www.sciencefriday.com/blog/2011/ ... ine-fraud/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:08 pm 
Hetairoi

Kolokol888 wrote:
I don't know the science behind the any of this but seriously why would you question the doctor? It is their job to know more than us!
Anyone with a brain would question their doctor at the very least. If human beings are infallible and fuck up doing other professions than what makes you think doctors don't occasionally make mistakes? Patients who listen to everything their doctor says and never ask any questions have an unhealthy level of trust in knowledgeable authority figures. They may know their shit the vast majority of the time but they are not infallible and shouldn't be treated as such by their patients.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:18 pm 
Satrap

When a theory is proffered, peer scientists can opine. When a fraud's work is proven that's what he is, your argument is done. What bugs about non vaccinators is that the hard work of previous generations are shuffled off. Enough of these jerks do this and we can see outbreaks, leading to new strains. Again, no appreciation for the hard work from our elders and forefathers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:13 pm 
Hetairoi

The Mad Zeppelineer wrote:
Kolokol888 wrote:

A British huckster and fraud named Andrew Wakefield. http://www.sciencefriday.com/blog/2011/ ... ine-fraud/

yep and made most famous by Jenny McCarthy.

Very true Navy, starting this fall I start College for the first time (I waited way to long, but hell might as well get started) and am planning to go into this field of study) I personally believe autistics are mistreated by being over protected. I was not diagnosed till last year, and if I had been diagnosed earlier (no autism DSM entry back in the 70's) I probably would not have adapted so well.

"They could be worse."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:14 pm 
Contributing Member

Kolokol888 wrote:

You've obviously never encountered a lousy doctor or a pill-pusher. I had to argue with a doc who wanted to give me an antibiotic prescription for what he diagnosed as a viral infection. Even a marginally educated person should know that antibiotics won't touch a viral infection, just bacterial ones. I told him I wouldn't take it since I had a viral infection, I'd just go home and feel lousy for a few days. He called in the prescription anyway so I didn't fill it. :facepalm:

And doctors are not gods. Yeah, it IS their job to know more than us, but there are just as many lousy, dishonest, or plain stupid doctors as there are car mechanics, lawyers, tax attorneys, etc. It is YOUR job to question them if something doesn't seem right. You are are you only advocate and it's your responsibility to take care of yourself first and foremost.