* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:38 pm

View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Greetings from North Carolina
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:46 am 
Contributing Member

Hello everyone, my name is Charles and I am 18 years old. I am currently enrolled at Wake Tech Community College. My favorite class is sociology, and I have many other interests- which include politics and history. I do not associate myself with a political party, but I lean Libertarian in ideology. I love Dan’s show because they provide a fresh perspective and promote individual thinking. If there is any lesson I have learned from education is that more I know, the more I do not know. In other words, as I learn, I become increasingly aware of my own ignorance. I hope participating in Dan Carlin’s discussion board, will, as one of my favorite teachers would put it, “stomp out some ignorance.â€Â

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:32 pm 
Early Adapter

Welcome to the forum, Charles :)

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives." Tyler Durden, Fight Club

"...we are breaking through all those sacred maxims of our forefathers, and giving alarm to every wise man on the continent of America, that all his rights depend on the will of men whose corruptions are notorious, who regard him as an enemy, and who have no interest in his prosperity." - George Johnstone, addressing the British House of Commons, October 26, 1775 (sound familiar?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:15 am 
Militant Bitcher

Welcome to the show, brother!!

Frankly, IMNSDHO this image of an "American Bin Laden" lurking abroad, sending waves of evil-doing freedom-haters to attack our shores with impunity while we wring our hands in good-goody impotence is just a bogey man designed to spook the timid into surrendering valuable freedoms in the name of an illusion of security. -BroSpin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:36 am 
Master of Ceremonies

As I said in another thread...glad to have you!

You sure don't sound like you are a mere 18 years old to me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:35 am 
Spinny Spamkiller

As the father of an 18-year-old lad, I am blown away by your composure and maturity--not to mention the obvious research that goes into so many of your posts.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa