Hello from Broken Arrow, OK

New here? Just want to let everyone know a little about yourself? Here is a nice place to start.

Moderators: Loki, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, robroydude, Rooster-SPQR, Spinny Spamkiller

What conference ties should the BCS Bowl games maintain?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:15 am

Only major conferences with at-large bids (current setup).
No votes
Only major conferences with no at-large bids. No limits per conference.
No votes
Mostly major conferences. Some mid-majors.
No votes
No conference ties. Take the top 8 teams in the BCS rankings.
100%

Total votes : 2

Hello from Broken Arrow, OK

Postby Patrick » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:15 am

Hi all.

I stumbled upon the History Podcast and then subscribed to the Common Sense show. I've been listening for a few months now.

Before I ever even started listening to Dan, I had become so fed up with our elected officials putting their political party loyalties ahead of their responsibilities to ... well ... "common sense".

I'm ready to re-register out of the Republican party as an independent!

Patrick
Patrick

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:19 am

Welcome Patrick! Darn glad to have you on board.

A lot of our listeners are "republicans"...or were. Seems to be a mighty dissafected group these days...
Dan
Master of Ceremonies

Postby Blade21292 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:23 am

And FINALLY a third Oklahoman... if there are any others SPEAK UP!

Oh... and welcome! :D
...an atheist, hedonistic, best man at a lesbian wedding (almost only man) kind of conservative...
my blog on my new server
Blade21292
Nomarch

Postby XRe » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:30 am

Welcome, Patrick :)
Dave Re
"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives." Tyler Durden, Fight Club

"...we are breaking through all those sacred maxims of our forefathers, and giving alarm to every wise man on the continent of America, that all his rights depend on the will of men whose corruptions are notorious, who regard him as an enemy, and who have no interest in his prosperity." - George Johnstone, addressing the British House of Commons, October 26, 1775 (sound familiar?)
XRe
Early Adapter

Postby Scott Dolan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:37 am

Welcome to the show, Patrick!!

I'm a fellow ex=pat from the Republican party.

Now I hang out with the little "r" folks around here! 8)
Frankly, IMNSDHO this image of an "American Bin Laden" lurking abroad, sending waves of evil-doing freedom-haters to attack our shores with impunity while we wring our hands in good-goody impotence is just a bogey man designed to spook the timid into surrendering valuable freedoms in the name of an illusion of security. -BroSpin
Scott Dolan
Militant Bitcher

Return to Introduce Yourself