* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Howdy from Utah
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:50 pm 

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am a grad student in Utah studying nothing having to do with history and I love to avoid doing the work I should be doing by listening to Dan. I like Dan's approach to telling stories about history. My only request is if you haven't already done an in-depth story about the cultural history of Central America it would be really cool to get a "Death throes of the republic" style, multi-episode story of Central America. Anyway Thanks for making history more interesting.

Post subject: Re: Howdy from Utah
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:51 pm 
Resident Medicaid Wonk

:welcome:

Welcome! please stick around and add to the discussions. :hugs:

"Unhappy events abroad have retaught us two simple truths about the liberty of a democratic people. The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself. That, in its essence, is fascism — ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any other controlling private power." – President Franklin D. Roosevelt, Simple Truths message to Congress (April 29, 1938)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:30 pm 
The Boy Wonder

Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:47 pm 

good day to you! i will invert your ears, and you will be deaf to the exterior world, but have to deal with the constant din of your own body, the cacophony of blood flowing and glands secreting and grisly bits oscillating, and it will drive you slowly insane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:39 am 
Nomarch

elijahwp wrote:
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am a grad student in Utah studying nothing having to do with history and I love to avoid doing the work I should be doing by listening to Dan. I like Dan's approach to telling stories about history. My only request is if you haven't already done an in-depth story about the cultural history of Central America it would be really cool to get a "Death throes of the republic" style, multi-episode story of Central America. Anyway Thanks for making history more interesting.

Let me tell ya, this place sucks up your time like nothing else. I will have a paper I'm writing and I can't pull myself away from arguing with someone on the board. I should be writing my paper instead!

So be careful! :lol:

:welcome:

"are you desperate?"
"I don't know..."
I walked on through and as I took the escalator up I saw him sitting there, probably thinking that it was possibly bullshit, he had wanted me to suggest some special school, some special way, like some way to get out of that red coat, it was not an enlightening job like designing a bridge or batting cleanup for the Dodgers but he wasn't desperate enough, the desperate don't ask, they do...
- Charles Bukowski