Howdy from Utah

New here? Just want to let everyone know a little about yourself? Here is a nice place to start.

Moderators: Loki, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, robroydude, Rooster-SPQR, Spinny Spamkiller

Howdy from Utah

Postby elijahwp » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am a grad student in Utah studying nothing having to do with history and I love to avoid doing the work I should be doing by listening to Dan. I like Dan's approach to telling stories about history. My only request is if you haven't already done an in-depth story about the cultural history of Central America it would be really cool to get a "Death throes of the republic" style, multi-episode story of Central America. Anyway Thanks for making history more interesting.
elijahwp

Re: Howdy from Utah

Postby NickDupree » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:51 pm

:welcome:

Welcome! please stick around and add to the discussions. :hugs:
Nick

"Unhappy events abroad have retaught us two simple truths about the liberty of a democratic people. The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself. That, in its essence, is fascism — ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any other controlling private power." – President Franklin D. Roosevelt, Simple Truths message to Congress (April 29, 1938)
NickDupree
Resident Medicaid Wonk

Postby robin » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Welcome to the forum.
robin
The Boy Wonder

Postby skengman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:47 pm

good day to you! i will invert your ears, and you will be deaf to the exterior world, but have to deal with the constant din of your own body, the cacophony of blood flowing and glands secreting and grisly bits oscillating, and it will drive you slowly insane
If anyone tells you Lacan is difficult, this is class propaganda by the enemy.
skengman

Postby jediuser598 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:39 am

elijahwp wrote:Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am a grad student in Utah studying nothing having to do with history and I love to avoid doing the work I should be doing by listening to Dan. I like Dan's approach to telling stories about history. My only request is if you haven't already done an in-depth story about the cultural history of Central America it would be really cool to get a "Death throes of the republic" style, multi-episode story of Central America. Anyway Thanks for making history more interesting.

Let me tell ya, this place sucks up your time like nothing else. I will have a paper I'm writing and I can't pull myself away from arguing with someone on the board. I should be writing my paper instead!

So be careful! :lol:

:welcome:
"My girlfriend asked why I carry a gun around the house. I looked her dead in the eye and said, 'the motherfucking decepticons.' She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster, it was a good time."
jediuser598
Nomarch

Return to Introduce Yourself