* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:48 am

View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Author finds footage showing ’50s wife in LSD experiment
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:54 pm 

That video is so weird...she looks just like my grandma.

:altshock:

Currently reading: Ford Madox Ford Parade's End, Joseph Campbell Hero With a Thousand Faces, Morford et al. Classical Mythology Currently listening: Atoms For Peace Amok, The Flaming Lips The Terror, AIR Moon Safari

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:41 am 

Tried LSD once, had a great time but never felt like doing it again. Almost got lost in my own head that time. Now for mirrors, man, when I am drunk the mirror is my enemy, full stop. I tend to get into arguments with it and it also wins. thus I stopped getting drunk without a handler. I have achieved a hallusigentic state from meditating but I would rather classify it as a religous experience. Oh an Kath, I freaked everyone out the one time I was on LSD because I saw the "skin worms" and thought they were neat. according to the people I dropped with everything I was doing was supposively bad trip I was just enjoying too much.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:43 pm 
Satrap

Just thought I'd offer my thoughts on hallucinogenics. To anyone that is considering them, everyone above has good cautionary advice and I'll give my own. As long as you're mentally healthy, you can have some of the most profound, positive, and memorable experiences of your life. I've never really looked at life the same way. I'd never directly push anyone to use them, but I think everyone should trip at least a couple of times.

When I was younger, teens and earlier twenties, I enjoyed LSD and mushrooms a whole lot more. Now that I'm older and I have more responsibilities I tend to worry about stuff when I use them it just puts me in a negative state. I would probably use them on say, a backpacking trip though.

I have a question of my own. Last year I had done some opioid, oxycodone or hydrocodone, a good amount and I had fallen asleep. Not just nodding off, but really asleep. I had a nightmare, but I was awake. I'm pretty sure that even my eyes were open too. Someone or something was coming through my window and I was terrified. I threw my pillow that window and knocked some stuff off the table. The noise "woke" me up. I was sitting in my bed, thinking WTF just happened? Anyone care to tell me what that was? :wtfsign:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:04 pm 

doc_loliday wrote:
I have a question of my own. Last year I had done some opioid, oxycodone or hydrocodone, a good amount and I had fallen asleep. Not just nodding off, but really asleep. I had a nightmare, but I was awake. I'm pretty sure that even my eyes were open too. Someone or something was coming through my window and I was terrified. I threw my pillow that window and knocked some stuff off the table. The noise "woke" me up. I was sitting in my bed, thinking WTF just happened? Anyone care to tell me what that was? :wtfsign:

I'm not exactly sure what it's called, but I've always had highly vivid dreams on hydrocodone. Usually it's fun because it's kind of like tripping while sleeping - it sucks that yours didn't go so well.

Currently reading: Ford Madox Ford Parade's End, Joseph Campbell Hero With a Thousand Faces, Morford et al. Classical Mythology Currently listening: Atoms For Peace Amok, The Flaming Lips The Terror, AIR Moon Safari

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:57 pm 
Archon

doc_loliday wrote:
Just thought I'd offer my thoughts on hallucinogenics. To anyone that is considering them, everyone above has good cautionary advice and I'll give my own. As long as you're mentally healthy, you can have some of the most profound, positive, and memorable experiences of your life. I've never really looked at life the same way. I'd never directly push anyone to use them, but I think everyone should trip at least a couple of times.

When I was younger, teens and earlier twenties, I enjoyed LSD and mushrooms a whole lot more. Now that I'm older and I have more responsibilities I tend to worry about stuff when I use them it just puts me in a negative state. I would probably use them on say, a backpacking trip though.

Night terror. Was the thing coming through your window kind of like a shadow?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:28 pm 
Satrap

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Night terror. Was the thing coming through your window kind of like a shadow?

I always assumed, (I obviously have never actually looked into this) that night terrors were more like intense nightmares. It was so weird because I was sitting up and looking around and interacted. The strangest part was there was no "waking up", I didn't open my eyes and get up. All of the sudden I knew I was dreaming. As far as the shadow, I remember it was an amorphous black being, but I'm wondering now if my memory has been tainted because I read the thread. It certainly was something I can't define, I didn't see a person or anything like that, and it was right behind my blinds in between the window.

Regarding "shadow people", I knew a meth addict who used that phrase. He told me it was a common phenomenon amongst the sleep deprived tweakers. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shadow%20people

Strange how common these fears are. People that suffer from delirium tremens talk about spiders.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:01 am 
Satrap

Basic archetype - the shadow...

The disavowed aspect of ourselves - our unaccepted emotional states or drives that we would prefer to put "out there" - unfortunately when they are "out there" they appear to be coming after us.

These kind of experiences on hallucinogens are super common - even without them they happen a lot.... around the time we fall asleep or wake up. Just another charming dimension of our humanity.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:09 am 
Archon

I think it happens when different parts of your brain are in conflicting states of sleep/lucidity that should not be in such conflict. It's kind of like you are dreaming when you are otherwise sort of conscious. I don't know why you can feel the presence so strongly, or why it feels so malevolent, but it is rather common. A lot of people seem to also not yet have motor control returned. So while they can experience the shadow person, they cannot move. That never happened to me. But it probably is the basis for night hag myths.

I would also caution people against taking medications like Oxy unless they actually need them for severe pain. That medication carries a great deal of risk.