* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:52 pm

View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The Molotov Cocktail Party
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:56 am 
Satrap

Feel like the other political parties care more about getting elected than representing your interests? Feel like the Tea party has been co-opted by the old guard

Then join the Molotov Cocktail Party today! We don't even have any candidates.

Link: Molotov Cocktail Party

Last edited by Occam on Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Molotov Cocktail Party
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:00 pm 
Mooderator

Mahatma Gandhi wrote:
I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:06 pm 
Satrap

"Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want a war let it begin here."

-Captain John Parker, commander of the militiamen at Lexington, Massachusetts, on siting British Troops (attributed), April 19, 1775

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:08 pm 
Archon

Stop wasting good liquor Occam! :drunk:

:thanks: :wave:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:42 pm 
Mooderator

Occam wrote:
"Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want a war let it begin here."

-Captain John Parker, commander of the militiamen at Lexington, Massachusetts, on siting British Troops (attributed), April 19, 1775

Mahatma Gandhi wrote:
An eye for an eye only ends-up making the whole world blind.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:47 am 
Satrap

Government, in my humble opinion, should be formed to secure and to enlarge the exercise of the natural rights of its members; and every government, which has not this in view, as its principal object, is not a government of the legitimate kind.

-James Wilson, Lectures on Law, 1791

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:51 am 

Sign me up!

"Friends applaud, the comedy is over" - Beethoven

"I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?" - Clark W. Griswold

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:45 pm 
Mooderator

Occam wrote:
Government, in my humble opinion, should be formed to secure and to enlarge the exercise of the natural rights of its members; and every government, which has not this in view, as its principal object, is not a government of the legitimate kind.

-James Wilson, Lectures on Law, 1791

I have no Gandhi quote to dispute that, nor would I intend to do so, myself, as Justice Wilson makes some very good sense here.

However, you've wandered from your party platform. I have to wonder what the chances are that you're going to form a government with this, alone, as its principal object when its citizens are expressing their will through improvised incendiary weapons.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:51 pm 
Satrap

exposno1 wrote:
I have no Gandhi quote to dispute that, nor would I intend to do so, myself, as Justice Wilson makes some very good sense here.

However, you've wandered from your party platform. I have to wonder what the chances are that you're going to form a government with this, alone, as its principal object when its citizens are expressing their will through improvised incendiary weapons.

It'll be a government that damn well listens to it's citizens. Past that, I cannot predict.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:54 pm 
Archon

Occam wrote:
exposno1 wrote:

It'll be a government that damn well listens to it's citizens. Past that, I cannot predict.

Enjoy the mob until it overruns you! :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:14 pm 
Satrap

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

-Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:17 pm 

Occam wrote:
exposno1 wrote:

:roll:

God some of the posts here are getting silly.

Because that is how you solve problems Occam.

sister and companion of man-destroying Ares—
at first small in stature, she later grows enormous,
head reaching heaven, as she strides across the earth.
Strife went through crowds of soldiers, casting hatred
on both sides equally, multiplying human miseries.' - Homer, Iliad 4.440

'Don't get all :facepalm: with me,...' - Benkei

:shakinghead: I hate people. - Kath

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:55 pm 
Hetairoi

Chris73 wrote:

That is how you solve problems, Chris. At least, certain problems are solved that way.

It was violence that brought you this country and the Constitution. Terror, rioting, and war were the things that secured our liberty. Remember, the Sons of Liberty were fucking terrorists. Tarring and feathering was extremely brutal, and it killed people. British officials were lynched. Property was vandalized. People were fucking murdered. I don't advocate these methods for solving our modern problems, but I suggest you study a bit more on how our country was founded, brutality and barbarism were the forces that created this country.

You suggest that violence doesn't solve anything, and usually it doesn't, but it does have its place. If our ancestors were unwilling to resort to unsavory tactics, this country would have never existed.

"True heroism is you, alone, in a designated workspace. True heroism is minutes, hours, days, year upon year of the quiet, precise, judicious exercise of probity and care, with no one there to see or cheer." The Pale King, by D. F. Wallace.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:11 pm 

Waleis wrote:
Chris73 wrote:

That is how you solve problems, Chris. At least, certain problems are solved that way.

It was violence that brought you this country and the Constitution. Terror, rioting, and war were the things that secured our liberty. Remember, the Sons of Liberty were fucking terrorists. Tarring and feathering was extremely brutal, and it killed people. British officials were lynched. Property was vandalized. People were fucking murdered. I don't advocate these methods for solving our modern problems, but I suggest you study a bit more on how our country was founded, brutality and barbarism were the forces that created this country.

You suggest that violence doesn't solve anything, and usually it doesn't, but it does have its place. If our ancestors were unwilling to resort to unsavory tactics, this country would have never existed.

Gee whiz. I guess I should pick up a book. I didn't realize that violence existed in the 18th century.

Well, if brutality and barbarism are the founding principles that should be running through my American veins, I suppose I've got a whole new way to deal with frustration, change and anger in life.

:thanks:

sister and companion of man-destroying Ares—
at first small in stature, she later grows enormous,
head reaching heaven, as she strides across the earth.
Strife went through crowds of soldiers, casting hatred
on both sides equally, multiplying human miseries.' - Homer, Iliad 4.440

'Don't get all :facepalm: with me,...' - Benkei

:shakinghead: I hate people. - Kath

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:19 pm 

Chris73 wrote:
Waleis wrote:
Chris73 wrote:

Gee whiz. I guess I should pick up a book. I didn't realize that violence existed in the 18th century.

Well, if brutality and barbarism are the founding principles that should be running through my American veins, I suppose I've got a whole new way to deal with frustration, change and anger in life.

:thanks:

Being smug doesn't make it untrue.

"Friends applaud, the comedy is over" - Beethoven

"I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?" - Clark W. Griswold