I'M NOT VOTING [Feral Scholar]

Area to hash-out ideas for grassroots efforts to improve things.

Moderators: Loki, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, robroydude, Spinny Spamkiller

I'M NOT VOTING [Feral Scholar]

Postby General Buttnekked » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:15 pm

http://www.feralscholar.org/blog/index. ... nt-either/

Why I won’t vote (and you shouldn’t either)

I am not categorizable within the current popular discourse about politics. I am not a Democrat or Republican. I am not a conservative or a liberal or a progressive.

Being Wrong for the Right Reasons

The reason I am finished with this kind of probative voting is that by now all who can be convinced probably are convinced; and all who treasure the delusion of American democracy more than the evidence of their senses will continue to cling to those delusions until they die. Now, I want to convince those disillusioned with Obama to consider a deeper problem than Obama’s personal moral failures, which accompanied his naked ambition far in advance of his announcement for presidential candidacy. I want to convince as many people as possible to quit voting altogether.

The problem is that people have lost any capacity to imagine any method but elections, laws and policies to deal with each other, putting us all on a permanently antagonistic footing.

We live now with dishonest politics, disinformed and disinforming media, disconnected cultures, disjointed economics, dysfunctional communities and disrespected citizens. To attempt to repair such conditions without a morally conscious politics makes as much sense as trying to revive a body without a heart.
— Sam Smith

A morally conscious politics, to me, is neither utilitarian nor rule-based. The ends do not justify the means; and everything we do doesn’t need to be regulated by simplistic, one-size-fits-all rules, that are administered by brainless bureaucracies.

The utilitarian trap is what we are in now, where we let charlatans continue to co-opt us into the gamesmanship of elections where we are forced to choose between two amoral, ambitious satraps for the rich into perpetuity. It is a sham; and participating in a sham helps perpetuate it. Never forget that Hitler was elected.

Right now, the Obama administration – as reactionary in every sense as the Bush administration – is depending on the most disgruntled of its supporters having no choice in the next election. The power they hold over us is fear. Fear of Republicans, but we just survived eight years of them; and when we changed parties, those same policies remained.
Don’t give them the power. Walk through your fear. Refuse to vote. If those of us they count on shatter the Democrats, then the Ron Paul wing of the Republicans will feel empowered to do the same to the Republicans.

Refuse to be a part of the fraud that are US elections.
General Buttnekked
Nomarch

Re: I'M NOT VOTING [Feral Scholar]

Postby Sitri » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:06 pm

I disagree with this, if you don't vote they won't understand your decision. Instead write in shit. Vote for Sephiroth in 2012.
Sitri
Contributing Member

Postby General Buttnekked » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:57 pm

figured it would stimulate discussion....the link will flesh out what the SMALL selected quotes tried to illustrate

this is the author, btw
General Buttnekked
Nomarch

Postby General Buttnekked » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:54 am

in light of the OWS movement and complete failure of the GOP debates i wonder if the Stan Goff piece would gain any traction?
General Buttnekked
Nomarch

Postby doc_loliday » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:50 pm

:stop: This shouldn't be in the Do Something!!! forum.
What is wrong with you people? - Dr. Youth
doc_loliday
Hetairoi

Postby General Buttnekked » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:07 pm

General Buttnekked
Nomarch

Postby nmoore63 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:17 pm

I will still vote

Local elections and my states initiative process still reflect the will of the voters ... My rabbit however is looking to build up his presidential electoral base up to 2.... And this is probably his all or nothing campaign... Rabbits just don't live that long.... Which is going to add credibility to his not seeking re-election campaign promise.
Nick Moore - The Ponderous Right Winger

... And furthermore, the NSA must be destroyed.
nmoore63
Archon

Postby boethius » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:02 pm

Closing your Bank of Asmodeus (aka Bank of Satan aka Bank of America) account and slowing down use of credit cards will strike a greater blow to the crony capitalist banksters than voting for one of the two bought and paid for republicrats.
"Boethius was the only user here to successfully piss me off IRL, and you'll notice it's been crickets from him for a while. I'm not saying he's dead now . . . but . . . :twisted:" -- DBTrek

"How about you just suck on a cyanide lollipop and spare us your fucking hyperbole you whining little nancy?" -- Cid

"If Dan had a lick of sense he'd have booted your pompous ass ages ago." - RAnthony
boethius
Hetairoi

Postby General Buttnekked » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:35 pm

General Buttnekked
Nomarch

Postby Magg45 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:17 pm

I didn't agree to go for vote to anyone..
Magg45

Postby Jalmak » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:48 pm

FUCK THE STATE!
Jalmak

Postby Jester » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Cant you just vote for an independent? Your vote wouldnt really count for anything than showing the 2 major parties that you are unhappy with them.
If life gives you lemons: Burn them.
Jester

Postby Warchild » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:22 pm

One could just vote against any and all incumbents. :proud:
"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby....."
Warchild
Nomarch

Return to Do Something!!!