congressional decimation superpac

Area to hash-out ideas for grassroots efforts to improve things.

Moderators: Loki, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, robroydude, Spinny Spamkiller

congressional decimation superpac

Postby chris5854 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:41 am

one of the problems with Washington is that their are no incentives for the two parties to work together, when republicans are in control its in democrats best interest to sabotage any of their efforts because if congress does well under republican rule it boosts the republicans and when democrats are in control the same is also true about republicans.

my idea comes from the playbook of the roman army, decimation, when a unit acts dishonorably the men are lined up and every 10th man is executed. I want to do the same with congress except metaphorically I want to set up a fund that people can donate too like a piggy bank where we can only access the money at most every 8 years. If congress hits a low similar to the level that they are now with the debt ceiling debate and our credit rating being downgraded we can take that money, randomly select 1/5 of every dem and repub in the house of reps and give that money to their opponent and get them kicked out of office. i imagine nationwide even a small dedicated group of people over the course of 10 to 14 years could collect enough money to destroy those 1/5 chances of getting reelected, if this fund raised 10 million over 12 years before it was used that would be 120, plus interest lets say 160 million, if 35 reps retire that year than that's 400 left 1/5 of 400 is 80 that's 2 million dollars for each opponents campaign, most house campaigns are between 1 and 2 million dollars. it would destroy most of their chances of getting reelected. This would create an outside force (the people) to force the members of different parities to work together.

what do you think
chris5854

Re: congressional decimation superpac

Postby bluegoatwoods » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:22 pm

I like it.

But I can see one heck of a devil in the details of administering it.

Someone-perhaps a committee, rather than an individual-will have to decide when to pull the trigger. What's to keep them from saying "not just yet" for some illegitimate reason of their own?
bluegoatwoods

Return to Do Something!!!