HH Show #41 Pre-Thread

Please feel free to discuss Dan's shows.

Moderators: Loki, robroydude, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, Spinny Spamkiller

Re: HH Show #41 Pre-Thread

Postby Brad Chasse » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:06 am

Very exciting to hear it's done.. The longer the better. I can't wait.

The past couple weeks I've been checking the site every day. One more day or two won't be that bad.

I greatly appreciate everything. Thanks.
Brad Chasse

Postby Br_James_Ta » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:29 am

All I can say is that I hope this episode is good because I bet it will be the last one!! :drool:
"I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive."
Br_James_Ta
Contributing Member

Postby Montana_Zag » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:46 am

Dan wrote:Well...I was with Ben very late into the night last night and he thought it was a few hours a way from uploading. I woke up this morning...no show! Called him..he's STILL up (24 hours straight for him). The file is getting half way through the upload and then freezing. I would be tempted to blame the file size, but it's not as large as the last Rome episode we did. So, with no sleep and this issue, we are struggling.
He's trying one more idea (moving the file to a different computer and trying the upload from there)...if that doesn't work, we will phone the big guns over at Libsyn and get them involved. They are sort of our saviors of last resort...

What a pain... sorry everyone (sorry Ben! :shakinghead: . It's my fault for making it so long I guess...)

That's a bummer, Dan. Have you checked your equipment for gremlins?

Seriously, don't worry about it. Your core group of listeners understands that these things happen, and we can be patient. Some of us will pretend to give you a hard time, but it's all in good fun.

Take your time. We know the show will be available eventually.

Although, I liked the implication that future shows will be shorter - haha!
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die." - Ned Stark
Montana_Zag
Satrap

Postby beed » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:10 pm

yeah, never thought I'd say this a few months ago but please make them shorter.
beed
Contributing Member

Postby DBTrek » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Awww snap!
You've done it now, beed.

Haters will be climbing out of the intertubes to lecture you, hope you have some ear-plugs.
:wink:
Excuses sound best to the person that's making them up. -Tyrese Gibson
DBTrek
Archon

Postby doc_loliday » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Preference for a shorter show is fine. Wanting a shorter show because it's too hard to pause and come back later was the criticism.
What is wrong with you people? - Dr. Youth
doc_loliday
Hetairoi

Postby DBTrek » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:37 pm

doc_loliday wrote:Preference for a shorter show is fine. Wanting a shorter show because it's too hard to pause and come back later was the criticism.

Not because it's too hard, but because there's no need for me to in a competitive podcast market.
Not that I expect you to understand things like competition or markets.
Just keep on pressing your pause button monkey.
Stick to what you're good at.
Last edited by DBTrek on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DBTrek
Archon

Postby Montana_Zag » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:40 pm

doc_loliday wrote:Preference for a shorter show is fine. Wanting a shorter show because it's too hard to pause and come back later was the criticism.

The problem for me, is that when I put the show on pause, it's usually a couple of days to a week (or longer) before I resume listening. By that time, I've forgotten about 80% of what I've already heard and have to start from the beginning. An hour-long show is perfect because I can listen to that all at once.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die." - Ned Stark
Montana_Zag
Satrap

Postby doc_loliday » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:46 pm

You know I'm just gonna back out of this. My capitalist credentials are coming under fire. I prefer longer shows, many do not. *shrugs*
doc_loliday
Hetairoi

Postby Polarisman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Never seen so much drama over the making of a podcast. Starting to think that Ben might be in over his head. :-) Let's all hope that it's been worth the wait.
I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!
Sen. Barry Goldwater
Polarisman
Contributing Member

Postby doc_loliday » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Polarisman wrote:Never seen so much drama over the making of a podcast. Starting to think that Ben might be in over his head. :-) Let's all hope that it's been worth the wait.

I was just joking around, but I think I came across as a jerk. Just waiting patiently like everyone else. :D
doc_loliday
Hetairoi

Postby Grow Beyond » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Finally up! Downloading now...
All civilizations become either spacefaring or extinct.
Grow Beyond

Postby waaaghboss » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:16 pm

DBTrek wrote:

Not because it's too hard, but because there's no need for me to in a competitive podcast market.
Not that I expect you to understand things like competition or markets.
Just keep on pressing your pause button monkey.
Stick to what you're good at.

To be fair, I think it was your tone that pissed most people off. A guy with thousands upon thousands of posts on this backwater message board whining that 3 hours was too difficult, so he wouldn't even bother, was something that most of us didnt swallow. :lol:
waaaghboss
Contributing Member

Postby DBTrek » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 pm

waaaghboss wrote:To be fair, I think it was your tone that pissed most people off. A guy with thousands upon thousands of posts on this backwater message board whining that 3 hours was too difficult, so he wouldn't even bother, was something that most of us didnt swallow. :lol:

You don't say . . .?

:twisted:
DBTrek
Archon

Postby DrYouth » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:17 pm

Love the longer shows... Here's hoping Dan never figures out how to make them shorter.
"Trek requires no sunshine to be happy. He feeds off the despair of others like a dementor." e_room_matt

"Thank you so much for your assessment of my wickedness and the depth of my depravity and immersion in sin." drtrech

"You pansy-ass hippy utopian naive fool" coyo7e
DrYouth
Hetairoi

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss the History Show