Taxpayer

Can't find a category for your post? Put it here!

Moderators: Loki, robroydude, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, Rooster-SPQR, Spinny Spamkiller

Re: Taxpayer

Postby Smitty-48 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:04 am

@Doc

You don't need a gun anyways. You need a woman. You need someone to take care of you, not a soulless black piece of metal that kills people.

You are way too deep into guy world. Sausage fest. You need feminine supervision.

That's the secret to a long life, not tactical security. Women keep you out of trouble.

One bad chick is not a reason to go psycho-caveman.
Nec Aspera Terrent
Smitty-48
Archon

Postby Flipowitz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:12 am

Kath wrote:What works for us is to split the direct deposit and send whatever we don't want/need to spend to ING.

Then, just don't login to ING.

The money is out of sight and out of mind.

I didn't suggest you start now, but certainly have it as a self-improvement goal. Try opening an ING account and sending just $5 of each pay check to it.

Build on that.

That's great advice!
About eleven years ago now, I started a new hobby--making money. It may sound stupid, but I realized that dollars are made of pennies. At the time, ING was giving over 5% interest. Ninety-day T-bills were also yielding over 5%. Banks all over the place were giving 6% on CD's. My employer at the time, the Federal Government, insisted on direct deposit--but all these banks were offering direct-depositing bonuses; if you just started an account with them and had your money directly deposited, they'd give a hundred bucks after six months, or whatever--so I just kept switching banks and collecting bonuses. At the same time, I kept getting these 0% APR credit card application--I just kept filling them out and got larger and larger zero-interest loans; I'd fill-out these blank checks, payable to me, and deposit them in a bank which I had tied to the Treasury Department were I could buy ninety-day T-bills--I scraped off the interest, deposited it in ING, and turned it over while paying off the minimum balance on these zero-interest loans. When the introductory twelve months--or whatever--ended, I'd pay back that credit card in full. Gold then was about $400.00 an ounce and silver was between six and seven an ounce--periodically, I'd almost empty the ING account and buy gold and silver.

I retired in 2006 at the age of thirty-eight.
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.
Flipowitz
Satrap

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:13 am

Smitty-48 wrote:@Doc

You don't need a gun anyways. You need a woman. You need someone to take care of you, not a soulless black piece of metal that kills people.

You are way too deep into guy world. Sausage fest. You need feminine supervision.

That's the secret to a long life, not tactical security. Women keep you out of trouble.

One bad chick is not a reason to go psycho-caveman.

I am trying to do the Catholic thing so I can at least go to communion. If I give up on it, then I guess I will start dating again. But to be honest, as soon as a woman starts acting controlling or crazy, it's like ptsd for me. I just want to bolt. Just hooking up for meaningless sex makes me feel like complete shit.
“If the human race is to survive, then for all but a very brief period of its history, the word ship will mean space ship.” –Arthur C. Clarke
Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Postby Smitty-48 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:18 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

I am trying to do the Catholic thing so I can at least go to communion. If I give up on it, then I guess I will start dating again. But to be honest, as soon as a woman starts acting controlling or crazy, it's like ptsd for me. I just want to bolt. Just hooking up for meaningless sex makes me feel like complete shit.

The lord did not put you on this planet to get a gun and shoot people.

It's not about sex. You got a right hand for that. It's about having a partner in life.

You don't want to end up like Flip, surrounded by forty guns and 80 cats and a bunch of T-Bills.

Listen to God. You have nothing to fear. Love man, that's what being a Christian is all about.

Even if you want to be a shooter, it's better with a lover in tow.

Time to shave that mustache off and get back in the saddle.

Don't tell me you cant find a christian woman to go to church with... in America.

Heck, there are dating services just for Christians. Obviously they are not looking to give a quick blow job in a dark alley. (although that is fucking hot when it's a good girl being bad. Yeah, baby)
Nec Aspera Terrent
Smitty-48
Archon

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:48 am

I don't want to shoot anybody. I don't even want to hunt. I like to watch animals, not kill them. That's what the grocery store is for.

I do need some hobby outside of the house, though. If I were not in pain all the time, I probably would get into camping again. But it would be miserable like this. You have to realize that my hobbies were things like mountain biking, hiking, camping.. All that is gone. I look at my $1600 road bike standing there and it just depresses me.
“If the human race is to survive, then for all but a very brief period of its history, the word ship will mean space ship.” –Arthur C. Clarke
Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Postby Smitty-48 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:55 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I don't want to shoot anybody. I don't even want to hunt. I like to watch animals, not kill them. That's what the grocery store is for.

I do need some hobby outside of the house, though. If I were not in pain all the time, I probably would get into camping again. But it would be miserable like this. You have to realize that my hobbies were things like mountain biking, hiking, camping.. All that is gone. I look at my $1600 road bike standing there and it just depresses me.

What's an AK-47 gonna do? Then you will just be looking at an AK-47 and feeling depressed.

Life partner, that's what you need. Somebody to go to church with your sorry ass.

Surely there must be one good catholic girl in that city to take pity on your depressing shit and sort you out?

Snap out of it, guy.

My wife hates camping. You go to the cottage and you fish off the dock, or just read a book on the deck.

Peaceful. Tranquil. Closer to God.

I would say that just sitting around and feeling sorry for yourself probably counts as some sort of sin. Wallowing.

WWJD? Kick your ass down to Christian Mingle and tell you to get a woman. There's some broad out there that's looking to take care of somebody. Don't let her down.
Nec Aspera Terrent
Smitty-48
Archon

Postby Rhoetus » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:49 am

TheAmericanNomad wrote:Not to be like, an asshole or anything, but how quickly were you doing the math in your head that you figured $500 = 10 bucks a month?

Er...too quickly I guess... I was trying to round out to nice even numbers...but somehow my public education didn't teach me that week and month are different things...oops, mea culpa.
We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.
C. S. Lewis
Rhoetus
Satrap

Postby TheAmericanNomad » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Oh I see, so it was more a grammatical error, I can see how that can happen. I'm no math wiz but you had me worried there for a second!
Bitcoin Giveaway Contest: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42196 <--- Free Bitcoins for the first three users with 300+ posts to ask for them.

Heroes get remembered but legends never die.
TheAmericanNomad
Archon

Postby doc_loliday » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:In theory, its better not to pay them like that. Put the money aside yourself in an interest bearing account. Then send in however much you owe at the end of the year when you file.

Seriously. If you put that 1,000 dollars into a saving account. You could have, like, 1,003 dollars in only a year.
What is wrong with you people? - Dr. Youth
doc_loliday
Hetairoi

Previous

Return to Off Topic Area