The problem with the French...

What's going on in the world today?

Moderators: Loki, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, robroydude, Spinny Spamkiller

The problem with the French...

Postby Brasidas » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:00 pm

...is they are acknowledging our failures.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/17/world/europe/patriot-act-idea-rises-in-france-and-is-ridiculed.html?_r=0&referrer=

"Dominique de Villepin, the former French prime minister, warned against the urge for “exceptional” measures. “The spiral of suspicion created in the United States by the Patriot Act and the enduring legitimization of torture or illegal detention has today caused that country to lose its moral compass,” he wrote in Le Monde, the French newspaper."
Brasidas

Re: The problem with the French...

Postby TheWaffle » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:39 pm

I'm not much for idolizing Europe, but on this one, yeah. I hope they stick to their principles.

And their parliament at least has the balls to actually debate and vote on Syria while our clowns yell and scream about everything except the President's pet war.
"Satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred" - Martin Luther King Junior's I Have a Dream speech

"There is no god" - Bible, Psalm 14

"Go away" - Ronald Reagan's Inaugural Address

Context is everything.
TheWaffle
Contributing Member

Re: The problem with the French...

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:53 pm

lol, Europe is pretty far out ahead of us on that score. Their governments are just better at hiding it.
Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen to be walking about. - G.K.C.
Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Return to Current Events