* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:59 am

View unanswered posts | View active topics



All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic


 Post subject: 100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:21 pm 
Offline
Hetairoi
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:10 pm
Posts: 7615
Location: Cascadia
100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit, and Taxes too. Rather than only 75% of GOP Candidates


http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/obama-deficit-taxes-trillion/2012/02/12/id/429149

_________________
Molon Labe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:36 pm 
Offline
Archon
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 4:37 pm
Posts: 25503
Location: Seattle
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image
Carry that water!

_________________
In my defense . . .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:38 pm 
Offline
Hetairoi
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:10 pm
Posts: 7615
Location: Cascadia
It is a true statement. And the Current Dem candidate has raised the Deficit $4 Trillion already.

I've been quite balanced on this. Let's not turn this deficit issue into a D vs R thing, I'm pointing out that we right now have at minimum an 80% chance of having higher deficits if either a D or an R are elected.

When we only highlight that the one side of the Duopoly are doing this it gives us an incomplete picture.

_________________
Molon Labe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:06 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:09 am
Posts: 508
4/5 candidates are basically advocating the status quo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:45 pm 
Offline
Satrap
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:55 pm
Posts: 4943
Thats a joke. They will all raise the deficit.

If you seriously cannot see how this works by now, you never will.

Party A comes into power. Party B starts caring about debt.

Party B comes into power. Party A starts caring about debt.

Simple formula. Remember it, then be shocked when it happens every single time.

_________________
Oh, the humanity...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:50 pm 
Offline
Hetairoi
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:46 am
Posts: 7235
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
The Mad Zeppelineer wrote:
Thats a joke. They will all raise the deficit.
Ron Paul would veto any bill that raises the deficit plus his budget plan actually reduces it. I know it's highly unlikely that Ron Paul is ever president but don't lump him in with Bush, Obama, Santorum, Romney and Gingrich on the deficit reduction tip because that's simply inaccurate.

_________________
*yip*


Last edited by StCapps on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:51 pm 
Offline
Hetairoi
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 7:33 pm
Posts: 6816
Location: Clarksville, TN
The Mad Zeppelineer wrote:
Thats a joke. They will all raise the deficit.

If you seriously cannot see how this works by now, you never will.

Party A comes into power. Party B starts caring about debt.

Party B comes into power. Party A starts caring about debt.

Simple formula. Remember it, then be shocked when it happens every single time.



+1

Fox during the Bush years
-It is treasonous to question a war president.
-Got to spend money to make money


Fox during the Obama years
-It is treasonous to not question a war president
-Can't make money buy soending it.

Left media did the same thing

_________________
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Oh Wait, You're Serious? Let Me Laugh Even Harder!

-"No matter how bad things seem--- "
"They could be worse."
"Nope. No matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things fucking are, and you better get used to it, Nancy. Quit yer bitching."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:02 pm 
Offline
Satrap
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:55 pm
Posts: 4943
StCapps wrote:
The Mad Zeppelineer wrote:
Thats a joke. They will all raise the deficit.
Ron Paul would veto any bill that raises the deficit plus his budget plan actually reduces it. I know it's highly unlikely that Ron Paul is ever president but don't lump him in with Bush, Obama, Santorum, Romney and Gingrich on the deficit reduction tip because that's simply inaccurate.


And he would be overrided by congress. It would actually be hilarious to watch. A man who refuses to compromise on anything being the most veto-happy president in US history. He'd also be the weakest.

Ironically, his weakness (which he believes is mandated by the constitution) would also make him totally ineffective at the reforms he supports. From a history fan perspective, it be the most fun since Andrew Johnson.

Im sure they'd be able to get plenty of tax cuts for the rich passed. On that they can always agree.

_________________
Oh, the humanity...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:55 pm 
Offline
Hetairoi
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:46 am
Posts: 7235
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
The Mad Zeppelineer wrote:
StCapps wrote:
The Mad Zeppelineer wrote:
Thats a joke. They will all raise the deficit.
Ron Paul would veto any bill that raises the deficit plus his budget plan actually reduces it. I know it's highly unlikely that Ron Paul is ever president but don't lump him in with Bush, Obama, Santorum, Romney and Gingrich on the deficit reduction tip because that's simply inaccurate.


And he would be overrided by congress. It would actually be hilarious to watch. A man who refuses to compromise on anything being the most veto-happy president in US history. He'd also be the weakest.

Ironically, his weakness (which he believes is mandated by the constitution) would also make him totally ineffective at the reforms he supports. From a history fan perspective, it be the most fun since Andrew Johnson.

Im sure they'd be able to get plenty of tax cuts for the rich passed. On that they can always agree.
How would any other potential president who wanted to reform the status quo do any better than Ron Paul at reducing the deficit? You seem to be holding out for a politician who will never exist and the current crop of contenders to be POTUS from 2012-2016 would all be worse at reducing the deficit than Paul would. So why shit all over the best option available at the moment?

_________________
*yip*


Last edited by StCapps on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:57 pm 
Offline
Hetairoi
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:32 am
Posts: 9639
Location: Dragonstone, Iowa
The debt isn't necessarily our fundamental problem here. If we slow down federal spending domestically, the entire consumer economy will be gutted.

_________________
"No man grows rich by kindness."-Jorah Mormont

"True heroism is you, alone, in a designated workspace. True heroism is minutes, hours, days, year upon year of the quiet, precise, judicious exercise of probity and care, with no one there to see or cheer." The Pale King, by D. F. Wallace.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:00 pm 
Offline
Hetairoi
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:46 am
Posts: 7235
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Waleis wrote:
The debt isn't necessarily our fundamental problem here. If we slow down federal spending domestically, the entire consumer economy will be gutted.
Which is why you need to cut overseas military spending so that you don't have to cut as much domestically. When it comes to these kinds of proposals Ron Paul is infinitely better than the rest of the field.

_________________
*yip*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:06 pm 
Offline
Hetairoi
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:32 am
Posts: 9639
Location: Dragonstone, Iowa
StCapps wrote:
When it comes to these kinds of proposals Ron Paul is infinitely better than the rest of the field.

Even if Ron Paul is elected, defense spending won't be cut significantly. Congress will still be the same. Domestic spending will certainly be cut though...Ron Paul and most of congress are all for that.

_________________
"No man grows rich by kindness."-Jorah Mormont

"True heroism is you, alone, in a designated workspace. True heroism is minutes, hours, days, year upon year of the quiet, precise, judicious exercise of probity and care, with no one there to see or cheer." The Pale King, by D. F. Wallace.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:08 pm 
Offline
Hetairoi
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:46 am
Posts: 7235
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Waleis wrote:
StCapps wrote:
When it comes to these kinds of proposals Ron Paul is infinitely better than the rest of the field.

Even if Ron Paul is elected, defense spending won't be cut significantly. Congress will still be the same. Domestic spending will certainly be cut though...Ron Paul and most of congress are all for that.
Well if Ron Paul can't cut military spending significantly than no other presidential contender is going to be able to. So I don't know who you are looking for on that front.

_________________
*yip*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:09 pm 
Offline
Hetairoi
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:32 am
Posts: 9639
Location: Dragonstone, Iowa
StCapps wrote:
Well if Ron Paul can't cut military spending significantly than no Presidential contender is going to be able to.

Exactly. It doesn't matter who we elect as president, unless Congress is changed as well...which it almost certainly won't be.

_________________
"No man grows rich by kindness."-Jorah Mormont

"True heroism is you, alone, in a designated workspace. True heroism is minutes, hours, days, year upon year of the quiet, precise, judicious exercise of probity and care, with no one there to see or cheer." The Pale King, by D. F. Wallace.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 100% of DEM Candidates will Raise the Deficit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:19 pm 
Offline
Contributing Member

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:23 am
Posts: 397
Waleis wrote:
The debt isn't necessarily our fundamental problem here. If we slow down federal spending domestically, the entire consumer economy will be gutted.


That's the Paul Krugman line. I don't buy it.

But even if it's true, the slowdown is going to happen soon no matter what. There isn't an infinite amount of money out there available for borrowing. We'll be bumping up against the limit in no time. When that judgment day gets here, nothing congress or the president does can change the basic facts of the situation. It's like trying to change the laws of physics.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  


Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: keito, Soapboxer, TropicalElectric and 11 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


Home l Common Sense l Hardcore History l Donate l Community l Merchandise l Blog l About Us