NPR attacks Catholics with Hate Speech and Bigotry

What's going on in the world today?

Moderators: Loki, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, robroydude, Spinny Spamkiller

NPR attacks Catholics with Hate Speech and Bigotry

Postby drtrech » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:33 am

NPR is using the public airwaves in an anti-Catholic hate campaign.

And the legal system is complicit in the attack.

http://www.npr.org/2012/02/17/146983312/pa-priest-faces-trial-on-child-abuse-cover-up-charges

Between 1992 and 2004, Monsignor William Lynn was the Archdiocese of Philadelphia's point person for allegations of clerical abuse. When he heard a claim, he was supposed to investigate and, if warranted, remove or turn the priest over to police.

But as two grand juries reported in 2005 and 2011, that often didn't happen.

"He willingly oversaw numerous reports of child sex abuse," says Cardozo law professor Marci Hamilton, a consultant to the first grand jury. "And he willingly put these men in positions where they had second, third, fourth opportunities to abuse children in new settings."

But the persecution continues even as the Monsignor has accepted responsibility AND EXPLAINED THE REASON FOR HIS INACTION!!!

(Monsignor) Lynn himself told the first grand jury that he let allegations "fall through the cracks" and failed to tell schools or parishes about the alleged abusers because "you don't always put all your dirty laundry out."

We have his acknowledgment. We have his explanation.

How much longer must this persecution go on before the rabid anti-Catholic bigots have had enough? How many more priests must suffer embarrassment by having their dirty laundry put out for public examination?

The hate and bigotry MUST END!!!
You know what the sad thing is?

We spend 90% of our lives ducking shit storms, begging for money and whoring for votes.

And why do we put ourselves through all that? In order to hold onto jobs that are 90% ducking shit storms, begging for money, and whoring for votes.

--Senator Gil John Biggs (R-NC)
drtrech
Archon

Re: NPR attacks Catholics with Hate Speech and Bigotry

Postby Runicmadhamster » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:08 pm

drtrech wrote: How many more priests must suffer embarrassment by having their dirty laundry put out for public examination?

I suggest cleaning their laundry
Runicmadhamster
Satrap

Postby DBTrek » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Runicmadhamster wrote:I suggest cleaning their laundry

Please . . . no . . . they'll probably make the rest of us pay for that as well.
DBTrek
Archon

Postby Runicmadhamster » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:13 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Runicmadhamster wrote:I suggest cleaning their laundry

Please . . . no . . . they'll probably make the rest of us pay for that as well.

And the accuse us of bigotry when we don't
Runicmadhamster
Satrap

Postby clubgop » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Runicmadhamster wrote:
drtrech wrote: How many more priests must suffer embarrassment by having their dirty laundry put out for public examination?

I suggest cleaning their laundry

I suggest cleaning onels own laundry before others. All your dirty sheep fucking clothes.
"I try to be creative and have some quips, with a unique viewpoint, especially among denizens of this board. That makes me Ryan Leif. But someone who spews the typical mainstream media viewpoint pablum which anyone could get from 75% of the rest of the board with the wit of a Superbowl ad from the 80's, is Peyton Manning. The double standard is alive and strong."
clubgop
Satrap

Postby Runicmadhamster » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:55 pm

clubgop wrote:
I suggest cleaning onels own laundry before others. All your dirty sheep fucking clothes.

So now your dredging the metaphorical pit of dumb borderline racist stereotypes?
Runicmadhamster
Satrap

Postby raistian77 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:03 pm

I wish I could find a interview I caught a couple of years ago. It was of a former Priest that left the church. He left because his job was to shuffle around accused priests and to placate the families. He was angered that multiple offenders would get reassigned and not excommunicated. In the beginning offenders were removed from access to children, but than the problems of lack of priests crept in. The church felt the offenders had repented and "gotten back on the path" basically. Some where sent to the Vatican to ensure they could not be extricated and tried.

It seemed the main problem was a shortage of priests. The church hierarchy thought that maybe these were incidents of personal failure and location. Like most large organizations dealing with a very big problem, they thought they could make it go away (fix it in house) rather than deal with it up front.
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

Oh Wait, You're Serious? Let Me Laugh Even Harder!

-"No matter how bad things seem--- "
"They could be worse."
"Nope. No matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things fucking are, and you better get used to it, Nancy. Quit yer bitching."
raistian77
Hetairoi

Postby e_room_matt » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Fortunately the teachers unions' record on this same topic is pristine...
e_room_matt
Satrap

Postby Runicmadhamster » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:21 pm

e_room_matt wrote:Fortunately the teachers unions' record on this same topic is pristine...

But this isnt a thread about teachers, if it was then i would be criticising them (if they deserved it), but its not.
Runicmadhamster
Satrap

Postby Hastur » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Here we go again...
An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. - Vecna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck
Hastur
Nomarch

Postby hondo69 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:59 am

I though this thread was about NPR, guess I read it wrong.
Fugitive from the law of averages
hondo69
Nomarch

Postby de officiis » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:47 am

hondo69 wrote:I though this thread was about NPR, guess I read it wrong.

Fun being manipulated, isn't it?
11. From Fronto I learned to observe what envy, and duplicity, and hypocrisy are in a tyrant, and that generally those among us who are called Patricians are rather deficient in paternal affection.
de officiis
Satrap

Postby WCMeyer » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:57 am

raistian77 wrote:I wish I could find a interview I caught a couple of years ago. It was of a former Priest that left the church. He left because his job was to shuffle around accused priests and to placate the families. He was angered that multiple offenders would get reassigned and not excommunicated. In the beginning offenders were removed from access to children, but than the problems of lack of priests crept in. The church felt the offenders had repented and "gotten back on the path" basically. Some where sent to the Vatican to ensure they could not be extricated and tried.

It seemed the main problem was a shortage of priests. The church hierarchy thought that maybe these were incidents of personal failure and location. Like most large organizations dealing with a very big problem, they thought they could make it go away (fix it in house) rather than deal with it up front.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-a ... -camp-2010

His name is Patrick J. Wall. His story is in 'Act One: Confession'. The amount of cover-up is appalling.

The rest of the episode is pretty good, too.
This is the best time of day, the dawn, the final cleansing breath unsullied yet by acrid fumes or death's cacophony, the rank refuse of unchained ambition. And pray, deny me not, but know me now: your faithful retainer stands resolute to serve his liege Lord without recompense, perchance to fall and perish namelessly. No flag draped bier or muffled drum to set the cadence for a final dress parade. But it was not always thus, remember? Once you worshiped me and named me a God in many tongues, lest I exact too terrible a tribute.
WCMeyer

Postby datchiso » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:27 am

e_room_matt wrote:Fortunately the teachers unions' record on this same topic is pristine...

Link?
datchiso

Postby The Road Rascal » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:55 pm

Last time I checked teacher unions don't claim to be God's representatives on Earth and the sole purveyors of ethics and morality. Or for that matter, be in elaborate palaces while preaching against materialism and greed. :roll:

Imagine for a moment that we weren't talking about the Vatican, but a random corporation. Imagine said corporation has massive political influence and power, and that pedophilia is a rampant problem in many branches. Instead of firing and turning the offenders over to authorities, they reassigned the employees elsewhere, where the pattern repeated. Victims were threatened with massive retaliation if they went to the police. And now it turns out that the CEO plays a major role in covering the child abuse and rapes up.

Would your opinion of the situation be any different?
The Road Rascal
Nomarch

Next

Return to Current Events