* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:18 am

View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Government setting up a war with Anonymous?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:38 pm 
Nomarch

Witten wrote:
I'm with Vox on this one, Anon's threat is over-stated. So far the big hits and breaches of government security haven't come from hackers like Anonymous, it's been from the old fashioned way; informants leaking info out onto sites like WikiLeaks. In such a large entity such as the government the threat's always been from within. If ever the grid does go down, it's going to be largely from the act of a disillusioned Government employee on the inside, not the sole work of teenagers in their bedrooms.

Not true at all. They've hacked the FBI several time, the UN at least twice, the Syrian President's email, email of the FBI several times.

there is too much to list. There have been secrets reported in the news that came from Anon, regardless if they didn't state the sources.

do google searches, you'll find it.

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world. ~Fight Club

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:37 pm 
Nomarch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:51 am 
Nomarch

The Road Rascal wrote:

By the way, the real story behind the CIA thing is that the website crashed by accident. They hacked into some Pedophile groups to set up their networks to hit the CIA so the CIA would be forced to investigate them. It accidentally brought down the website. Anonymous contacted the CIA and told them what was up.

You can google that too.

It's probably in Hacker News, RT or Anon News.

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world. ~Fight Club

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:02 am 
Hetairoi

Galen120 wrote:
Quasigriz wrote:
This is the whole 2nd ammendment/gun lobby thing again...

The fed will not go after anon. They will track, regulate, and strangle the access and lives of the general populace. There really is no better path to 1984 than anonymous. Isolated incidents will be brushed off, but if they continue to pester the government at increasing levels, you can guarantee that will be the result.

Eh, they'll only get noobs. The government is truly inept.

L2P, that's the point. :facepalm:

“We proclaim ourselves, as indeed we are, the defenders of freedom, wherever it continues to exist in the world, but we cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."
-Edward R. Murrow

My political compass score

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:22 am 
Nomarch

Quasigriz wrote:
Isolated incidents will be brushed off, but if they continue to pester the government at increasing levels, you can guarantee that will be the result.

It was this part of your post that provoked the response.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:39 am 
Hetairoi

Galen120 wrote:
Quasigriz wrote:
Isolated incidents will be brushed off, but if they continue to pester the government at increasing levels, you can guarantee that will be the result.

It was this part of your post that provoked the response.

The uptick in attacks, or the appearance of such, will enable the legislature to use their favorite tool, fear, to pass sweeping, restrictive legislation on everyone. They won't simply assemble a task force to take down anonymous. (See Iraq, Afghanistan)

“We proclaim ourselves, as indeed we are, the defenders of freedom, wherever it continues to exist in the world, but we cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."
-Edward R. Murrow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:24 am 
Nomarch

Quasigriz wrote:
The uptick in attacks, or the appearance of such, will enable the legislature to use their favorite tool, fear, to pass sweeping, restrictive legislation on everyone. They won't simply assemble a task force to take down anonymous. (See Iraq, Afghanistan)

Oh, I am a 100% with ya. That's why I am passing around so much information on how to keep people's computers safe and kind of introducing people to Black Hat protection. It's not illegal, but it will confound.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:37 am 
Hetairoi

Galen120 wrote:
Quasigriz wrote:

Oh, I am a 100% with ya. That's why I am passing around so much information on how to keep people's computers safe and kind of introducing people to Black Hat protection. It's not illegal, but it will confound.

Ah, my bad. Carry on. :ugeek

Noscript and perfect passwords ftw. :geek:

-Edward R. Murrow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:41 am 
Nomarch

Quasigriz wrote:
Galen120 wrote:
Quasigriz wrote:

Ah, my bad. Carry on. :ugeek

Noscript and perfect passwords ftw. :geek:

My problem is I went back to school for journalism, tired of science and emergency management is a bunch of old boys network D bags. Well, I like getting news near the sources or where I can find sources. So I feel I put myself a little in danger of gov. monitoring.

Fun days we have when we have to be worried about being marked a terrorist...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:08 am 
Hetairoi

Scared of Anonymous? NSA chief says you should be
Quote:
"Between now and 2030, the electric grid will confront significant new challenges and inevitably undergo major changes," the researchers said. "Despite alarmist rhetoric, there is no crisis here. But we do not advise complacency."

-Edward R. Murrow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:12 am 
Hetairoi

Quasigriz wrote:

Well of course we should be scared little sheep, and we should grant the government extraordinary surveillance and rendition powers to indefinitely detain and interrogate anyone acting "suspiciously" with a computer...

"How about you just suck on a cyanide lollipop and spare us your fucking hyperbole you whining little nancy?" -- Cid

"If Dan had a lick of sense he'd have booted your pompous ass ages ago." - RAnthony

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:57 am 
Hetairoi

boethius wrote:
Quasigriz wrote:

Well of course we should be scared little sheep, and we should grant the government extraordinary surveillance and rendition powers to indefinitely detain and interrogate anyone acting "suspiciously" with a computer...

Just wait till it polls high enough, and you'll start hearing it from our keystone candidates. :shakinghead:

-Edward R. Murrow