Photos From Syria

What's going on in the world today?

Moderators: Loki, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, robroydude, Spinny Spamkiller

Photos From Syria

Postby MaDuce » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:44 pm

"Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary." - H.L. Mencken
MaDuce
Satrap

Re: Photos From Syria

Postby KingKoosII » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Amazing photos. How old do you think that kid is in pic 11?
"We have resolved to pave the way for a grand peace for all the generations to come by enduring the unendurable and suffering what is unsufferable."
Emperor Hirohito
KingKoosII
Contributing Member

Postby doc_loliday » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Yes, great pictures. Sadly, I don't expect a happy outcome.
What is wrong with you people? - Dr. Youth
doc_loliday
Hetairoi

Postby Waleis » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:15 pm

The defectors from the Syrian Army...those guys have got balls of steel. True patriots.
"No man grows rich by kindness."-Jorah Mormont

"True heroism is you, alone, in a designated workspace. True heroism is minutes, hours, days, year upon year of the quiet, precise, judicious exercise of probity and care, with no one there to see or cheer." The Pale King, by D. F. Wallace.
Waleis
Hetairoi

Postby datchiso » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:39 pm

KingKoosII wrote:Amazing photos. How old do you think that kid is in pic 11?

I'd guess a little older. Thirteen or so. Wonder how this experience will form him, if he survives, as he becomes an adult.
datchiso

Postby Lemonade » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:08 pm

Dat Mosin M44 :worship:
Lemonade
Contributing Member

Postby WCMeyer » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:26 pm

Lemonade wrote:Dat Mosin M44 :worship:

I picked up an M1891/30 for $75 bucks two years ago. Fun rifle to own; I imagine they're effective man killers.
This is the best time of day, the dawn, the final cleansing breath unsullied yet by acrid fumes or death's cacophony, the rank refuse of unchained ambition. And pray, deny me not, but know me now: your faithful retainer stands resolute to serve his liege Lord without recompense, perchance to fall and perish namelessly. No flag draped bier or muffled drum to set the cadence for a final dress parade. But it was not always thus, remember? Once you worshiped me and named me a God in many tongues, lest I exact too terrible a tribute.
WCMeyer

Postby TheAmericanNomad » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:52 pm

Those pictures were amazing.

If anyone can find me full video of this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Bitcoin Giveaway Contest: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42196 <--- Free Bitcoins for the first three users with 300+ posts to ask for them.

Heroes get remembered but legends never die.
TheAmericanNomad
Archon

Postby katsung47 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Syrian Rebels Captured With Israeli Weapons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgznlLHb ... r_embedded
katsung47
Contributing Member

Postby MaDuce » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:33 pm

katsung47 wrote:Syrian Rebels Captured With Israeli Weapons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgznlLHb ... r_embedded

Syrian state TV says the Zionists are supplying their enemies?

I'm positively shocked! Shocked! :altshock:
"Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary." - H.L. Mencken
MaDuce
Satrap

Postby navy62802 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:05 pm

WCMeyer wrote:I picked up an M1891/30 for $75 bucks two years ago. Fun rifle to own; I imagine they're effective man killers.

The Mosin-Nagant is probably the best value for a rifle I've ever seen. Throw a scope on that sucker, and you have a very effective sniper or hunting rifle. Even here in the US, the ammo is cheap ... not always easy to find, but it's cheap when you can find it. And the round that it fires (the 7.62x54R) is very powerful ... somewhere between a .308 and a 30-06.
navy62802
Hetairoi

Postby datchiso » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:00 pm

A thread about children soldiers and the slaughter of civilians brought back around to your preferences of discount weapons you'll likely never use.

Sweeet. :innocent:
datchiso

Postby WCMeyer » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:16 pm

datchiso wrote:A thread about children soldiers and the slaughter of civilians brought back around to your preferences of discount weapons you'll likely never use.

A discount rifle that is incredibly effective relative to cost in the hands of folks trying to bring down an oppressive regime. This thread isn't about child soldiers, it's about 'freedom fighters' (in quotes, because as we've seen in some of the Arab Spring, not all of the factions are magnanimous in their aims). Fuck off, it's a good rifle.

Sweeeeeeet. :facepalm:
This is the best time of day, the dawn, the final cleansing breath unsullied yet by acrid fumes or death's cacophony, the rank refuse of unchained ambition. And pray, deny me not, but know me now: your faithful retainer stands resolute to serve his liege Lord without recompense, perchance to fall and perish namelessly. No flag draped bier or muffled drum to set the cadence for a final dress parade. But it was not always thus, remember? Once you worshiped me and named me a God in many tongues, lest I exact too terrible a tribute.
WCMeyer

Postby datchiso » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:20 pm

WCMeyer wrote:
datchiso wrote:A thread about children soldiers and the slaughter of civilians brought back around to your preferences of discount weapons you'll likely never use.

A discount rifle that is incredibly effective relative to cost in the hands of folks trying to bring down an oppressive regime. This thread isn't about child soldiers, it's about 'freedom fighters' (in quotes, because as we've seen in some of the Arab Spring, not all of the factions are magnanimous in their aims). Fuck off, it's a good rifle.

Sweeeeeeet. :facepalm:

I can't spell the snorting chuckle that just escaped.

Have at it big boy. A 60 year old rifle is just what you need.
datchiso

Postby WCMeyer » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:28 pm

navy62802 wrote:
WCMeyer wrote:I picked up an M1891/30 for $75 bucks two years ago. Fun rifle to own; I imagine they're effective man killers.

The Mosin-Nagant is probably the best value for a rifle I've ever seen. Throw a scope on that sucker, and you have a very effective sniper or hunting rifle. Even here in the US, the ammo is cheap ... not always easy to find, but it's cheap when you can find it. And the round that it fires (the 7.62x54R) is very powerful ... somewhere between a .308 and a 30-06.

I'm not a gun guy, but after firing a few rounds from my Mosin, I knew immediately it was a good piece. I adjusted the sights and found it was one of the most accurate rifles I own (beats out my M1 Garand and Ar-15...the only other rifles I own).
WCMeyer

Next

Return to Current Events