NYPD Cop Runs Over a Man's Leg

What's going on in the world today?

Moderators: Loki, robroydude, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, Spinny Spamkiller

NYPD Cop Runs Over a Man's Leg

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:36 am

If you watch carefully, you can see a second cop swing his baton into the man, as the man layed pinned beneath the bike, before pulling him free and arresting yet another victim of police brutality.
“If the human race is to survive, then for all but a very brief period of its history, the word ship will mean space ship.” –Arthur C. Clarke
Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Re: NYPD Cop Runs Over a Man's Leg

Postby General Buttnekked » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:54 am

define 'serve & protect'. I don't know what took place but in any context it certainly appears that the path of the cycle was deliberate. Thanks for sharing. With this (or any event, you can use the Seattle riot if you want), what do you really want the police force to actually do? Control people or prevent crime or something else? That is what folks (IMO) should be questioning here. Its not unlike deploying servicemen to global hot spots. Their presence alone isn't what they are there for and if you deploy a killing machine on a civilian population it is unrealistic to change their mission to distributing band aids.

thankfully no one was hurt in the ensuing riot to take pictures of the event

I would caution folks from absorbing TOO MUCH of the 24/7 news stream as it will invoke a reactionary response to ANY event because no one wants to be goading into thinking/doing something not of their own volition. Just unplug. I support the protests but folks should temper whatever it is they are feeling about OWS with perspective. If OWS wasn't being covered by the news (in a lot of different guided perspectives) would you support people gathering to voice dissent? Too often with the flood of messages (not necessarily information), people become cynical or reduce ALL issues into heroes and villians. We do it with politics, we do it with sports, we do it with entertainment. In the Western world that is just how we're conditioned to process things. There is little room for nuance or validating or questioning.
General Buttnekked
Nomarch

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:57 am

More police brutality:

Useless fucking thugs.
“If the human race is to survive, then for all but a very brief period of its history, the word ship will mean space ship.” –Arthur C. Clarke
Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:07 am

More "bad apples":

Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:14 am

More aberrant behavior from our heroic police officers:

Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Postby General Buttnekked » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:16 am

here's a fun game.
Imagine what you would have if there was no Vimeo/youtube.
There would be no counter-balance to what you're being fed by the news corporations.

The takedown of the fat lady at 3:00 is pretty epic, but it is par for the course. Deploy a platoon of officers INTO a mass of people (something will happen) and essentially provoke endless number of arrests :popcorn:
General Buttnekked
Nomarch

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:21 am

Whatever

I am sure this was an accident as well:

Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:01 am

Nice breakdown:

This happens on the streets while Wall Street celebrates:

Dr. Strangelove
Archon

Postby General Buttnekked » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:11 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Whatever

I am sure this was an accident as well:

what are you responding to?
:qmarks:
General Buttnekked
Nomarch

Postby General Buttnekked » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:29 pm

one of the guys getting jacked in the videos was this guy above

standing around minding his business and the cop haymakers him.

The cop bashed him good, even drawing blood.
Thing is, that guy is actually HIV positive :popcorn:
General Buttnekked
Nomarch

Postby AgentX » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:42 pm

Call me super paranoid and conspiratorial, but when I see the cops filming, I don't think its just to record the events for legal reasons,

I believe that they are filming to record peoples faces at the protest and then to process the recordings back through facial recognition software and match the protesters to existing DMV or police mugshots and develop intelligence dossiers on protesters. I am sure going back and getting their PEN registries you can develop social graphs through the calls and go back a develop a view of the organization of the protesters and their leaders.

I am sure some of the groups and their leaders have already been labeled as domestic terrorist by Homeland security.

I am putting my tin foil hat back on :hiding:
“Wie schnell sich “nicht jetzt” in “niemals” verwandelt…”.

-Martin Luther
AgentX
Contributing Member

Postby WCMeyer » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Shit's getting cragee.
This is the best time of day, the dawn, the final cleansing breath unsullied yet by acrid fumes or death's cacophony, the rank refuse of unchained ambition. And pray, deny me not, but know me now: your faithful retainer stands resolute to serve his liege Lord without recompense, perchance to fall and perish namelessly. No flag draped bier or muffled drum to set the cadence for a final dress parade. But it was not always thus, remember? Once you worshiped me and named me a God in many tongues, lest I exact too terrible a tribute.
WCMeyer

Postby General Buttnekked » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:17 pm

closing your bank account? get arrested

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/201 ... ibank.html
General Buttnekked
Nomarch

Postby doc_loliday » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:20 pm

The reaction of the people sneering down is pretty repugnant. I wonder if they've even heard of 4chan.

Seriously that is some Marie Antoinette shit.
What is wrong with you people? - Dr. Youth
doc_loliday
Hetairoi

Postby Kazon Nystrøm » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:11 am

doc_loliday wrote:The reaction of the people sneering down is pretty repugnant. I wonder if they've even heard of 4chan.

Seriously that is some Marie Antoinette shit.

Personally I thought the Roman style columns suited them perfectly. History rarely rewards such hubris.

I think if OWS is achieving anything its provoking the insane response from the powers that be, ironically without any real provocation.

hats off to the folks cleaning the parks themselves. Pretty savvy move too, removing any ostensible reasons for moving them along. The ostensible is killing America- time to lift the veil and get a look at raw reality.
It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase.

'I am offended by that.' - Well, so fucking what?
- Stephen Fry
Kazon Nystrøm
Nomarch

Next

Return to Current Events