* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:44 pm

View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: HH #41 - Any status updates?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:04 pm 
Contributing Member

Br_James_Ta wrote:
Polarisman wrote:
I know that the mantra is quality over quantity, but 2 shows in 6 months ain't exactly prolific. Dan, at this rate you risk losing the interest of your audience as evidenced by the lack of activity on the board. Just saying...

Dan is aware that people wants more shows, and I'm sure he wants more shows as well. And...I find it very very difficult to criticize someone for offering you GOOD free content, no matter how much time is in between episodes.

And, Dan, I feel like you've tried to explain it to people before, on the board or in the shows. I just don't understand why people aren't more understanding...

Well, I don't think I was being critical. Just calling it as I see it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:13 pm 
Contributing Member

No problems here, I just got my order of CD's in the mail of all of Dan's back episodes of HH. I just posted here to see why everyone was being so quiet.

Dan, I'm in grad school for history and all I can say is I understand. It takes a lot of reading and a lot of thinking about a topic to feel ready to discuss it. Now I just wish someone would come to my defense when professors ask me why papers are behind. :splody:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:01 pm 
Master of Ceremonies

Polarisman wrote:
Br_James_Ta wrote:
Polarisman wrote:
I know that the mantra is quality over quantity, but 2 shows in 6 months ain't exactly prolific. Dan, at this rate you risk losing the interest of your audience as evidenced by the lack of activity on the board. Just saying...

Dan is aware that people wants more shows, and I'm sure he wants more shows as well. And...I find it very very difficult to criticize someone for offering you GOOD free content, no matter how much time is in between episodes.

And, Dan, I feel like you've tried to explain it to people before, on the board or in the shows. I just don't understand why people aren't more understanding...

Well, I don't think I was being critical. Just calling it as I see it.

Oh hey...we totally understand. :wink: We are grateful that you like it enough to want more... :hugs:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:51 pm 
Contributing Member

I hate to mention sound effects here but I want it to get noticed and perhaps get an answer to. I've been listening to the program religiously for years now and making regular contributions to the Dan Carlin war chest but am really starting to miss the sound effects. I know Dan said you just have to turn the volume up a bit but I am still not hearing them. I can’t imagine episodes like Bubonic Nukes, Judgement at Nineveh and Ghosts of The Ostfront without them. Like everyone here, I would happily sacrifice a couple extra weeks between shows for Ben to add in the audio. If the audio is still there, it escapes me. Any chance on getting it back to the way it was? That said, I want Dan to know I am not going anywhere and that I have a nice Christmas present in the mail for him right now$$$

:thanks:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:45 pm 
Contributing Member

Just looking forward to it when it's ready :)

I started listening around show 16/17 and they obviously took their time to be great so see no reason to hassle about time taken between shows. A new listener at show 60 will be very pleased that Dan's output has had that time and effort put in.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:45 pm 
Master of Ceremonies

Bens Vaccine wrote:
I hate to mention sound effects here but I want it to get noticed and perhaps get an answer to. I've been listening to the program religiously for years now and making regular contributions to the Dan Carlin war chest but am really starting to miss the sound effects. I know Dan said you just have to turn the volume up a bit but I am still not hearing them. I can’t imagine episodes like Bubonic Nukes, Judgement at Nineveh and Ghosts of The Ostfront without them. Like everyone here, I would happily sacrifice a couple extra weeks between shows for Ben to add in the audio. If the audio is still there, it escapes me. Any chance on getting it back to the way it was? That said, I want Dan to know I am not going anywhere and that I have a nice Christmas present in the mail for him right now$$$

:thanks:

Don't worry...the full length (ie. NOT Blitz edition shows) have the sound effects... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:42 am 
Contributing Member

Thanks Dan :)

You spoil us! :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:18 pm 
Nomarch

So...any guesses on the topic? He mentioned the Dark Ages as being involved. My guess is either something related to the Byzantines or King Arthur.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:43 pm 
Contributing Member

Vikings?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:29 am 
Contributing Member

Plague?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:12 am 

Hell, i'd be glad if Dan belched on mic and posted it as a show at this point.
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:31 pm 
Master of Ceremonies

Here's a more in-depth update (plus a lot of whining on my part :oops: )
http://www.dancarlin.com/blog.php/entryview/125

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:48 pm 
Contributing Member

Dan wrote:
Here's a more in-depth update (plus a lot of whining on my part :oops: )
http://www.dancarlin.com/blog.php/entryview/125

Dan,

Thanks for the update. So, it doesn't sound like you'll be done with HH #41 soon. :(

We are all grateful for you fine work and anxiously await your next episode... :worship:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:51 pm 
Contributing Member

Just curious, if you have an hour and forty or so minutes of audio recorded why don't you release what you have as the first installment and add the rest when done?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:03 am 
Contributing Member

Hey Dan, I just want to say that by the buck a show standard I owe you a lot of money. So if you take six months a show I will remain subscribed to your podcast and will listen to whatever you put out. I did purchase the back catalog and that is because you are hands down the best podcaster out there. I hope to be able to donate money at some point (just got a promotion so more money is in my near future) but until then I am just grateful that you put your heart and soul into making the best podcast you can.

And it really is the best podcast there is. Thank you.