* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:17 am

View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Vegetarian advises you to stop putting filth in your mouth.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:28 am 
Archon

Quote:
Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?

By Bruce Hampton

You have been served…………with mechanically separated chicken! Over a billion sold!
This is what fast-food chicken nuggets, processed frozen chicken meat, and patties are made of. BARF!!!!!

Here’s the creation process. What they do is take parts of a chicken and put it through this machine that mechanically separate the meat from the bone. Unfortunately, that doesn’t happen. What it does instead is smash EVERYTHING including the bones, eyes and guts making it come out looking like the picture above.

Since this meat is infested with bacteria, it will be soaked in ammonia in order to kill those little critters. But who wants ammonia nuggets? Not I and I’m sure you don’t want any either. So in order to mask the ammonia taste, they season it with a shit load of artificial flavors. [Yup, that will do it]

Right about now, I know what you’re gonna ask. “Hey Bruce? How do they get rid of the freakish pink color?”

Dude? That’s what dye is for. So in order to get people to devour this crap, they dye it with artificial colors in order to give it that white texture...

http://docakilah.wordpress.com/2011/05/11/can-you-guess-what-mcdonald%E2%80%99s-food-item-this-is/

I guess it was optimistic of me to hope that was a strawberry shake.
:shakinghead:

Post subject: Re: Vegetarian advises you to stop putting filth in your mou
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:38 am 
Contributing Member

DBTrek wrote:

I bought some "turkey" sausage once, that had an odd texture. After reading the ingredients I spent about an hour on youtube following the multiple videos of "mechanically separated _________" I raise and butcher much of my own meat, so I am not a "meat comes from packages in the store" type person, but wow, I was turned off of that form of "meat" It's almost akin to googling "Santorum" for the first time.

Edit to add: On the other hand, this is an example of wasting as little as possible, so there is a bit of a silver lining.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:51 am 

You don't have to be a vegetarian to not eat shit.

I buy from a local butcher. Get that bloody mess fresh!

PS: It was hard, but I jerked to it.

This is the best time of day, the dawn, the final cleansing breath unsullied yet by acrid fumes or death's cacophony, the rank refuse of unchained ambition. And pray, deny me not, but know me now: your faithful retainer stands resolute to serve his liege Lord without recompense, perchance to fall and perish namelessly. No flag draped bier or muffled drum to set the cadence for a final dress parade. But it was not always thus, remember? Once you worshiped me and named me a God in many tongues, lest I exact too terrible a tribute.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:01 am 
Satrap

Barf-o-matic. I thought that was made of plastic at first.

Go for the chicken breast sandwich, at least you can tell where it came from.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:47 am 

I think I remember that same image being used to describe chick-fil-a as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:52 am 
Hetairoi

I try to eat healthy, (I make all my own bread and try to cook as many meals as I can), but I still love me some chicken nuggets occasionally. I eat fast food probably once a week. I enjoy some items. Chicken nugs, fries, and sausage mcmuffin are probably the only items from mcdonalds I can stand. But in n out is great, and I eat taco bell here and there.

But yes, that chicken paste is gross.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:21 pm 

I believe in the industry it is referred to as "bodder meat" (sp?) and the guy who thought to market and sell what was essentially a by-product of the mechanical poultry processing now lives in a very big house with a very nice boat.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:33 pm 
Satrap

That's pretty much what a whole chicken breast looks like 15 minutes after you put it in your stomach. All food is liquified into a soup.

If folks got a chance to look at every bug, worm, fungus, and bird poop that had ever been on their tomato, they'd probably not eat it either.

Hot dogs, potato chips, burritos, wine, or lettuce....doesn't matter: you don't want to see how it got to your plate.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:47 pm 
Hetairoi

WCMeyer wrote:
You don't have to be a vegetarian to not eat shit.

I buy from a local butcher. Get that bloody mess fresh!

+1

When I do shop at the grocery store I hit only the outer walls. Nothing from the aisles. That's an old habit from my lifting days.

I got lucky, my brother-in-law is Mormon, those guys LOVE to be self-sustaining. He taught me a ton about providing the majority of food myself, we can food for the winter season and he butchers almost all of the meat we use.

Oh Wait, You're Serious? Let Me Laugh Even Harder!

-"No matter how bad things seem--- "
"They could be worse."
"Nope. No matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things fucking are, and you better get used to it, Nancy. Quit yer bitching."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:20 pm 
Satrap

Does anyone know anybody who like to eat at a restaurant they used to work at?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:32 pm 
Nomarch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:14 pm 

e_room_matt wrote:
Does anyone know anybody who like to eat at a restaurant they used to work at?

Right here. But it was an upscale bistro.

I did work at Arby's in high school, and I don't even want to think of the atrocities that happen behind the counter. You should see what the roast beef looks like when it first comes in :altshock: .

This is the best time of day, the dawn, the final cleansing breath unsullied yet by acrid fumes or death's cacophony, the rank refuse of unchained ambition. And pray, deny me not, but know me now: your faithful retainer stands resolute to serve his liege Lord without recompense, perchance to fall and perish namelessly. No flag draped bier or muffled drum to set the cadence for a final dress parade. But it was not always thus, remember? Once you worshiped me and named me a God in many tongues, lest I exact too terrible a tribute.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:34 pm 
Nomarch

DBTrek wrote:
Quote:
Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?

By Bruce Hampton

You have been served…………with mechanically separated chicken! Over a billion sold!
This is what fast-food chicken nuggets, processed frozen chicken meat, and patties are made of. BARF!!!!!

Here’s the creation process. What they do is take parts of a chicken and put it through this machine that mechanically separate the meat from the bone. Unfortunately, that doesn’t happen. What it does instead is smash EVERYTHING including the bones, eyes and guts making it come out looking like the picture above.

Since this meat is infested with bacteria, it will be soaked in ammonia in order to kill those little critters. But who wants ammonia nuggets? Not I and I’m sure you don’t want any either. So in order to mask the ammonia taste, they season it with a shit load of artificial flavors. [Yup, that will do it]

Right about now, I know what you’re gonna ask. “Hey Bruce? How do they get rid of the freakish pink color?”

Dude? That’s what dye is for. So in order to get people to devour this crap, they dye it with artificial colors in order to give it that white texture...

http://docakilah.wordpress.com/2011/05/11/can-you-guess-what-mcdonald%E2%80%99s-food-item-this-is/

http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp

Your article is not entirely accurate.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:53 pm 
Nomarch

Am I the only one that doesn't really mind?

I try to stay away from processed foods because generally they're unhealthy, but from that snopes video that seems like a pretty efficient way to extract meat that would otherwise go to waste. How is that unhealthy? Why shouldn't people eat that?

Last edited by jediuser598 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:09 pm 
Hetairoi

Well, hate to say it but the snopes article got it right. Also, there's no fucking way you're going to mask something that's been soaked in ammonia.

I recognize that McDonald's the post-modern equivalent of going to sausage shop and not asking any questions, with my petty cash and addiction to high fat, but it's disingenuous to say the rat doesn't taste good when fried, covered in salt, and dipped in ketchup.

Also, you're all a bunch of hipster Portlandians.

~Terry Pratchett, Going Postal