Any Thoughts on the Election Fraud?

What's going on in the world today?

Moderators: Loki, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, robroydude, Spinny Spamkiller

Re: Any Thoughts on the Election Fraud?

Postby Flipowitz » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:33 am

kybkh wrote:I know he doesn't stand a chance but, this fraud is indicative a serious problem. These bastards distort their own parties election results; do you think for a second they wouldn't use every power conceivable to prevent a change from the current system.

Perhaps Rachel Maddow shouldn't label the entire state of Iowa as irrelevant. O, and Missouri doesn't count because they're all screwed up--in other words, they're with the vast majority of people who don't know she has a show either.
Last edited by Flipowitz on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.
Flipowitz
Satrap

Postby Atanamis » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:42 am

Election fraud has been a major problem in this country for a very long time. Democrats tend to commit election fraud by registering dead people and stuffing ballot boxes with invalid ballots, Republicans tend to commit election fraud by "losing" boxes of ballots or by otherwise rejecting valid ballots. My view on it is that election fraud is treason, and should be handled as such. I think it should be the most serious non-violent crime you can commit, on par with leaking military secrets to our enemies. I probably wouldn't advocate execution for it unless it is extremely blatant, but I would consider it among the few crimes that perhaps should result in loss of citizenship. Our government's legitimacy relies on the people's trust for the honesty of the ballot, and undermining that is among the more damaging things an enemy of our nation can do.
Atanamis
Hetairoi

Postby The Conservative » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:56 am

Harry K wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Harry K wrote:Ummmmmmm. How should I put this.

Unless you have serious clout within the Republican party, they could give two s**** on wheather you think there is fraud going on.

Carry on.

And you don't see a problem with that?

Yes there is a problem with that. However can't really do jack about it. Don't you guys have tea party thugs to correct this?

Not I sai the fly in the political morass we call soup.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson

My Political Compass 2010

My Political Compass 6/28/13
The Conservative
Hetairoi

Postby Flipowitz » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:02 am

But this is just a nomination process--could we keep the facts straight? When the corpses cast ballets in Chicago and the military's votes are disregarded in Florida, you might want to vent your ire--or, more likely, not. Don't worry about individual party's rules: they make them and they break them; sometimes they gather in smoke-filled rooms and decide who their candidates will be despite whom their fellow members chose. Now, give that a thought, maybe bang your head against the wall for a little while and ask yourself if there can be any election fraud without an actual election despite the thread's title.
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.
Flipowitz
Satrap

Postby Atanamis » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:30 am

Flipowitz wrote:Don't worry about individual party's rules: they make them and they break them; sometimes they gather in smoke-filled rooms and decide who their candidates will be despite whom their fellow members chose.
If individual parties had less of a stranglehold on our ballots, I might be willing to think of it more like that. As it is, while not treasonous it is definitely fraudulent when parties lie about their nomination processes. I would probably hold the party chairman's directly responsible for such fraud.
Atanamis
Hetairoi

Postby Harry K » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:45 am

Atanamis wrote:
Flipowitz wrote:Don't worry about individual party's rules: they make them and they break them; sometimes they gather in smoke-filled rooms and decide who their candidates will be despite whom their fellow members chose.
If individual parties had less of a stranglehold on our ballots, I might be willing to think of it more like that. As it is, while not treasonous it is definitely fraudulent when parties lie about their nomination processes. I would probably hold the party chairman's directly responsible for such fraud.

Like any criminal organization, the bottom feeders never rat on the big fish.

Makes me wonder if the RICO statutes would apply........
The best way to catch a Wolpertinger, according to legend, is to be a beautiful young woman (or be in the company of one), since Wolpertingers have a weakness for female beauty. The woman should go out into a forest at night while the moon is full and find a secluded nook where a Wolpertinger is likely to be. Hopefully, the creature will soon reveal itself. When it does the woman should expose her breasts. This will cause the Wolpertinger to instantly fall into a stupor, allowing it to easily be bagged.
Harry K
Archon

Postby The Conservative » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:00 am

Harry K wrote:
Atanamis wrote:

Like any criminal organization, the bottom feeders never rat on the big fish.

Makes me wonder if the RICO statutes would apply........

That is actually a good question.

My question would be not if they are applicable, but would there be a judge brave enough or a good enough lawyer crazy enough to take the case?

Another question would be, instead of saying it needs to be fixed, how would we fix it? Because if we are to take away the system we have now, we need a better one in it's place.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson

My Political Compass 2010

My Political Compass 6/28/13
The Conservative
Hetairoi

Postby Atanamis » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:17 am

The Conservative wrote:Another question would be, instead of saying it needs to be fixed, how would we fix it? Because if we are to take away the system we have now, we need a better one in it's place.
The single change needed would be to have approval voting, meaning every voter can vote for as many candidates as they want. Doing so would allow showing support for a minor party without "wasting your vote". It would also allow me to vote for ALL minor parties to send a message to the major parties and make it less likely that a major party would win.

The second change that would be useful is to make it relatively straightforward for non-duopoly members to get on the ballot. And don't allow any party designation on the ballot itself, so if I don't know which candidate is the "Republican" candidate for the seat that's just too bad. If I can't even remember or bring with me the name of the candidate I want to vote for, my vote is better off disappearing into the white noise anyway. Oh, and randomize the ordering of the names per ballot. Don't want to give an advantage to whoever tops what might become a long list.
Atanamis
Hetairoi

Postby nmoore63 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:55 am

That was insightful.

I like Ron Paul

I dislike Rachel Maddow

That was painful to watch

Conclusion: I dislike Rachel Maddow more than I like Ron Paul.

(Also, Missouri has correctly in the general election voted for the winning candidate like 90% of the time. That would imply that their opinion matters.)
Nick Moore - The Ponderous Right Winger

... And furthermore, the NSA must be destroyed.
nmoore63
Archon

Postby kybkh » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:55 am

Maddow is tough but I wanted the ethos to balance my crazy right-wing views.
If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.

Thomas Jefferson - 1816
kybkh
Satrap

Postby TheOneX » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:32 pm

Harry K wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Harry K wrote:Ummmmmmm. How should I put this.

Unless you have serious clout within the Republican party, they could give two s**** on wheather you think there is fraud going on.

Carry on.

And you don't see a problem with that?

Yes there is a problem with that. However can't really do jack about it. Don't you guys have tea party thugs to correct this?

This is the kind of mind set that has allowed the Republicans and Democrats to dominate Washington. There is a huge section of the voting block who just vote for the lesser of two evils so that they, "don't waste their vote", but how is voting for someone you don't like not wasting your vote. If we could get all of those people to actually vote for a candidate that they liked, instead of voting for the Republican or Democrat they dislike the least you would see a huge percentage of votes going towards third parties. While I don't pretend that we would even come close to electing a third party candidate at first it would be a huge first step in getting people to think outside of the Republican Democrat paradigm.
TheOneX
Nomarch

Postby StCapps » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:46 am

*yip*
StCapps
Hetairoi

Postby de officiis » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:34 pm

I listened to that podcast by James Kunstler, and thought he was on the right track about the two parties needing to have their asses kicked a bit. Couldn't agree more.
de officiis
Satrap

Postby katsung47 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:40 pm

Bush's story proves the election is only a puppet show.

Bush was awarded the president of US in 2000. Even Clinton did a good job in his term. There was a historical surplus when Bill left the White House. Yet the Inside Group gave the seat to Bush. Because what they needed was a soulless puppet who willingly to satisfy citizens' lives for Mid-east war. (he activated false flag 911 attack)

Bush was awarded the President of US again in 2004. Because he was proved an obedient puppet. And the Group needed more war - war on Iran. Even he was known as a big swindler whom lied into Iraq war.

How could this happen? Because Feds controls election office. They rigged election to select any candidate who is their favorite. The rest work is left for media which issued fake poll to convince public the election was a fair one.
katsung47
Contributing Member

Postby katsung47 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:33 pm

How can you dependent on a machine that is not verifiable?

Quote, "By Brad Friedman on 1/20/2012 12:30pm

Alvin Greene Was Here: 100% Unverifiable Statewide E-Voting in SC's 2012 GOP Primary
The voting systems in use for the nation's first three all-important electoral contests in the 2012 primary --- from Iowa to New Hampshire to Saturday's South Carolina Primary --- go from pretty great to intolerably horrible. And then comes Florida, which deserves its very own special category, thereafter.

The "First-in-the-Nation" caucuses in Iowa allowed voters to vote on hand-marked paper ballots, counted by hand in front of the public at the caucus site, with results announced to everyone right then and there before being called in to GOP headquarters and before ballots were move anywhere. The wonderfully transparent system allowed for Republican voters by the Iowa GOP (which they hypocritically fight against allowing for everybody else in other states, and even in their own during general elections) is just about as close as we general get in this country to Democracy's Gold Standard. It's also what allowed reporting errors to be discovered and confirmed by the public after an election with some 122,000 votes counted transparently within an hour or so of polls closing, leading to almost nobody charging "fraud" even though just 34 votes are said to separate first and second place in the certified results of the impossibly, and historically, close election

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=9079
katsung47
Contributing Member

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events