"i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Can't find a category for your post? Put it here!

Moderators: Loki, exposno1, Parrot, Quasigriz, NickDupree, nmoore63, robroydude, Rooster-SPQR, Spinny Spamkiller

Re: "i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Postby drtrech » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:59 am

Harry K wrote:
drtrech wrote:
DrYouth wrote::lol:
Do you think Strangelove could pull it off?
He is the mad genius sort that just might... (although I think it's a huge stretch even for him)
It was Strangelove who pointed out that Skengman has a UK IP address.... :ugeek:

Of COURSE he would point to evidence to steer us away from him.

But have you ever noticed how they seemed to bond, discussing their shared critique/appreciation for some obscure philosophical piece that nobody else had heard of?

:suspicious:


I think you're looking for stuff that isn't there.

Shouldn't you be castigating the pedophie church?

Meh.

Not nearly as much fun without Strangelove around.
You know what the sad thing is?

We spend 90% of our lives ducking shit storms, begging for money and whoring for votes.

And why do we put ourselves through all that? In order to hold onto jobs that are 90% ducking shit storms, begging for money, and whoring for votes.

--Senator Gil John Biggs (R-NC)
User avatar
drtrech
Archon
 
Posts: 28480
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: Mississippi

Re: "i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Postby drtrech » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Not DSL. DSL wouldn't go after Eustace and/or Benkei like that.

What regular is going to go after Eustace, or Benkei? Those two have no real "foes" here.

Precisely--he's letting his alter ego do all the things he'd never do himself. Benkei and Eustace represent the benignity that he wishes others perceived in him, and so he hates them for it and uses the sockpuppet Skengman to voice that hostility.

Or some such psychobabble nonsense . . .
You know what the sad thing is?

We spend 90% of our lives ducking shit storms, begging for money and whoring for votes.

And why do we put ourselves through all that? In order to hold onto jobs that are 90% ducking shit storms, begging for money, and whoring for votes.

--Senator Gil John Biggs (R-NC)
User avatar
drtrech
Archon
 
Posts: 28480
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: Mississippi

Re: "i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Postby DBTrek » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:07 pm

drtrech wrote:
Harry K wrote:Shouldn't you be castigating the pedophie church?

Meh.

Not nearly as much fun without Strangelove around.


Give it time.

Disappearing for a while is always easier than admitting that you were an ass-hat that escalated the board rhetoric to a nuclear pitch and then tried to play victim of the very problem you created.

Some people just can't apologize, so they vanish for a while and then come wandering back after things cool down.
:altwink:
User avatar
DBTrek
Archon
 
Posts: 27526
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 5:37 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: "i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Postby Runicmadhamster » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Well Skengman did reappear a day after DSL disappeared.......
User avatar
Runicmadhamster
Satrap
 
Posts: 2757
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:43 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: "i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Postby Harry K » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:11 pm

Runicmadhamster wrote:Well Skengman did reappear a day after DSL disappeared.......


Oh No!

Image

Don't do it! Don't do it! :stop:
Merlin: Looking at the cake is like looking at the future, until you've tasted it what do you really know? And then, of course, it's too late.

[Arthur takes a bite]

Merlin: Too late.


"Quiet desperation is the drtech way,
The time is gone, the gun is handed over,
Thought you'd had something more to say."
User avatar
Harry K
Archon
 
Posts: 13209
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: "i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Postby drtrech » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:13 pm

DBTrek wrote:
drtrech wrote:
Harry K wrote:Shouldn't you be castigating the pedophie church?

Meh.

Not nearly as much fun without Strangelove around.


Give it time.

Disappearing for a while is always easier than admitting that you were an ass-hat that escalated the board rhetoric to a nuclear pitch and then tried to play victim of the very problem you created.

Some people just can't apologize, so they vanish for a while and then come wandering back after things cool down.
:altwink:

Oh, there's no doubt he'll be back.

The dude stormed off the board in a huff last year, vowing never to return, only to break that vow less than 24 hours later to report on the police raid that rendered him homeless, bookless, drugless, and stripped of all possessions (save, apparently, for his laptop and a wireless connection :altwink: ).

He'll be back soon unless he's dead. And he might put in an appearance even then if they have wi-fi in Purgatory.
You know what the sad thing is?

We spend 90% of our lives ducking shit storms, begging for money and whoring for votes.

And why do we put ourselves through all that? In order to hold onto jobs that are 90% ducking shit storms, begging for money, and whoring for votes.

--Senator Gil John Biggs (R-NC)
User avatar
drtrech
Archon
 
Posts: 28480
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: Mississippi

Re: "i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Postby Runicmadhamster » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:19 pm

drtrech wrote:
The dude stormed off the board in a huff last year, vowing never to return, only to break that vow less than 24 hours later to report on the police raid that rendered him homeless, bookless, drugless, and stripped of all possessions (save, apparently, for his laptop and a wireless connection :altwink: ).



I wasnt here for that, what caused it?
User avatar
Runicmadhamster
Satrap
 
Posts: 2757
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:43 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: "i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Postby Waleis » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Runicmadhamster wrote:I wasnt here for that, what caused it?

...Darth HOA
"No man grows rich by kindness."-Jorah Mormont

"True heroism is you, alone, in a designated workspace. True heroism is minutes, hours, days, year upon year of the quiet, precise, judicious exercise of probity and care, with no one there to see or cheer." The Pale King, by D. F. Wallace.
User avatar
Waleis
Hetairoi
 
Posts: 9766
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:32 am
Location: Dragonstone, Iowa

Re: "i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Postby Harry K » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Runicmadhamster wrote:
drtrech wrote:
The dude stormed off the board in a huff last year, vowing never to return, only to break that vow less than 24 hours later to report on the police raid that rendered him homeless, bookless, drugless, and stripped of all possessions (save, apparently, for his laptop and a wireless connection :altwink: ).



I wasnt here for that, what caused it?


Religion of all things. :shock:
Merlin: Looking at the cake is like looking at the future, until you've tasted it what do you really know? And then, of course, it's too late.

[Arthur takes a bite]

Merlin: Too late.


"Quiet desperation is the drtech way,
The time is gone, the gun is handed over,
Thought you'd had something more to say."
User avatar
Harry K
Archon
 
Posts: 13209
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: "i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Postby DBTrek » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Or . . . he may be in a bunker prepping for the upcoming Catholic vs. America revolution.
You know, he has to circle all the Planned Parenthood locations on his maps, mix up the explosives, paint his gear black . . .

:snicker:
User avatar
DBTrek
Archon
 
Posts: 27526
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 5:37 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: "i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Postby Runicmadhamster » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Harry K wrote:
Runicmadhamster wrote:
I wasnt here for that, what caused it?


Religion of all things. :shock:


Who would have guessed?
User avatar
Runicmadhamster
Satrap
 
Posts: 2757
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:43 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: "i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Postby drtrech » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:38 pm

Danged if I can find the threads . . .

It was really pretty dramatic, in a three-stooges kind of way.

Lots of "You're a fuckingbigotasshole spouting hate speech and pure evil at Catholics" stuff on one side, and lots of "Magical thinkers are really not that smart" stuff on the other.

He totally quit for about 22 hours.

Maybe someone else can find the threads. I think it was right before "the break."
You know what the sad thing is?

We spend 90% of our lives ducking shit storms, begging for money and whoring for votes.

And why do we put ourselves through all that? In order to hold onto jobs that are 90% ducking shit storms, begging for money, and whoring for votes.

--Senator Gil John Biggs (R-NC)
User avatar
drtrech
Archon
 
Posts: 28480
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: Mississippi

Re: "i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Postby DrYouth » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:41 pm

drtrech wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Not DSL. DSL wouldn't go after Eustace and/or Benkei like that.

What regular is going to go after Eustace, or Benkei? Those two have no real "foes" here.

Precisely--he's letting his alter ego do all the things he'd never do himself. Benkei and Eustace represent the benignity that he wishes others perceived in him, and so he hates them for it and uses the sockpuppet Skengman to voice that hostility.

Or some such psychobabble nonsense . . .

Are you implying Multiple Personality Disorder... That would be an awesome psychological whodunnit...
But why would DSL's "alter" be a marxist facist POC from the UK with an urban patois lingo...
I can't square that from my analysts couch over here... that is beyond a stretch.
"Trek requires no sunshine to be happy. He feeds off the despair of others like a dementor." e_room_matt

"If throwing the mentally challenged off bridges were legal under the Death with Dignity Act, there's enough retards on this thread alone to shut down shipping on the Columbia River." drtrech

"You pansy-ass hippy utopian naive fool" coyo7e
User avatar
DrYouth
Hetairoi
 
Posts: 5570
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:42 am
Location: Canadastan

Re: "i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Postby Quasigriz » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:50 pm

DrYouth wrote:
drtrech wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Not DSL. DSL wouldn't go after Eustace and/or Benkei like that.

What regular is going to go after Eustace, or Benkei? Those two have no real "foes" here.

Precisely--he's letting his alter ego do all the things he'd never do himself. Benkei and Eustace represent the benignity that he wishes others perceived in him, and so he hates them for it and uses the sockpuppet Skengman to voice that hostility.

Or some such psychobabble nonsense . . .

Are you implying Multiple Personality Disorder... That would be an awesome psychological whodunnit...
But why would DSL's "alter" be a marxist facist POC from the UK with an urban patois lingo...
I can't square that from my analysts couch over here... that is beyond a stretch.

I suspect it is this guy:
Image
Griz

“We proclaim ourselves, as indeed we are, the defenders of freedom, wherever it continues to exist in the world, but we cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."
-Edward R. Murrow

My political compass score
User avatar
Quasigriz
Hetairoi
 
Posts: 6565
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:59 am
Location: The 50th State

Re: "i am here to destroy the dan carlin forums forever."

Postby drtrech » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:53 pm

That's EXACTLY who Skeng reminds me of--Ali G!

I haven't been able to place it until now.

Every exchange that anyone has with the guy is just an exercise in being played.
You know what the sad thing is?

We spend 90% of our lives ducking shit storms, begging for money and whoring for votes.

And why do we put ourselves through all that? In order to hold onto jobs that are 90% ducking shit storms, begging for money, and whoring for votes.

--Senator Gil John Biggs (R-NC)
User avatar
drtrech
Archon
 
Posts: 28480
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: Mississippi

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Area

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests