Dan wants President Obama to “seize the moment” in Egypt and proclaim a new American policy of supporting democracy over stability. Is it hopelessly idealistic or common sense?
1. “Hope amid the chaos in Cairo” by Jonah Goldberg for The Los Angeles Times, January 31, 2011
2. “US can blame itself for anger in the Middle East, and start making peace” by Graham E. Fuller for The Christian Science Monitor, February 4, 2011
3. George W. Bush speech to the World Economic Forum 2008
4. “Hosni Mubarak splits Israel from neocon supporters” by Ben Smith and John Gerstein for Politico.com, Februsry 3, 2011.
5. “CNBC anchor implies US must support dictators to keep cheap oil flowing” by David Edwards and Stephen Webster for The Raw Story, January 28th, 2011.