This rambling episode covers a ton of ground…from Bees to Bostram…from Friedman to the American Spring. Dan’s favorite phrase in this show seems to be: “As we’ve told you before”. So be prepared for redundancy.
1. “We’re Underestimating the Risk of Human Extinction” by Ross Andersen, for The Atlantic Magazine, March 6, 2012.
2. “Down with Everything” by Thomas Friedman for The New York Times, April 21, 2012.3. “Existential Risks: Analyzing Human Extinction Scenarios and Related Hazards” by Nick Bostrom
4. “Are you living in a computer simulation?” by Nick Bostrom
5. “Pesticide, EPA faulted in bee die-off” by Josephine Marcotty for the (Minneapolis) Star Tribune April 5, 2012.
6. “Grave threat of pesticides to bees’ billion-pound bonanza is now clear” by Damian Carrington for the (UK) Telegraph (blog)