More than 100 corporate CEOs signs pledges to withhold money from politicians until the mess in Washington is cleaned up. Dan muses on motives and possibilities. Also: The right to live dangerously.
1. “AOL chief signs ‘no donations’ pledge” by Jennifer Epstein for Politico.com, August 25, 2011.
2. “Starbucks CEO hosts town hall on politics” by Sarah Skidmore for the Associated Press, September 2, 2011.
3. Bob Packwood quote taken from: “EDITORIAL: A different era in Congress” from The Eugene Register-Guard, August 20, 2011
4. “GUEST VIEWPOINT: Can fans sit back in face of evidence of football’s risks?” by John Hurst for The Eugene Register-Guard, August 17, 2011.
5. “GUEST VIEWPOINT: Exercise pays health dividends — it should cut premiums” by Tom Giessen and Glenn Keiper for The Eugene Register-Guard, September 4, 2011.